Hillary as VP???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Jun 3, 2008.

Hillary Clinton WILL be Obama's running mate.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. It is up to Obama to heal the party now, not Hillary.

He will no doubt give some soaring emotionally driven speech at the convention, but that won't cut the mustard that it will take to bring Hillary into the fold.

A deal will have to be made, and if there is no deal made, no concession by Obama, it will cost him dearly going forward.

#41     Jun 4, 2008
  2. Why will it "cost him dearly." I just don't perceive that at all. My instinct tells me that people are as sick of the Clinton's as they are of the Bush's.

Seems to me BO could pick someone like Wesley Clark and just beat McCain into the ground. I simply see no need for Hillary at this point. She should go find a nice University to be the president of in perpetuity and call it a day.

My 2 pesos

#42     Jun 4, 2008
  3. saxon

saxon

Tooo funny that the loser (Hillary) and her supporters (zzzenu) are calling for OBAMA (the winner) to concede, when she herself still refuses to.

Somebody spiked your kool-aid, zzzenu. Up is down and down is up.

:p

#43     Jun 4, 2008
  4. Your instinct is ignoring the actual votes.

#44     Jun 4, 2008
  5. Again, and again you demonstrate your ignorance of the way politics works.

Hillary doesn't need Obama except to help pay off campaign debt.

Obama needs Clinton's support.

We have seen what happened to Gore when he ran without Clinton's support...

#45     Jun 4, 2008
  6. So it's your perception that the Hillary's supporters will abstain or vote for a McBush ticket?

#46     Jun 4, 2008
  7. My perception is that the race was very personal, and supporters take it very personally.

To think that Obama taking an "I don't need the Clinton's and their support" wouldn't hurt him and help McBush is really foolish.

Hillary doesn't need to do anything more really, she will always be able to point to the situation is Michigan and Florida, she and Bill will continue to say she was the "people's" champion because if all the votes were counted in Michigan and Florida she would have won the popular vote.

The Obama supporters have to look at the bigger picture, really the only picture:

How to win in November.

That's all that matters and should be all that matters to Obama.

JFK really didn't want Johnson as his VP, but it was politics. Obama has to show that he can make concessions...even when he "doesn't have to" because he got the most delegates.

You can see all the time here at ET the petty people who don't really want what is best for the democratic party...they just want to hate on Hillary...even if it would cost them in November.

If Obama loses, Obama will be blamed, not Clinton.

Big picture time, not petty politicians or ego driven crap.

The "idealism" of the democratic party is non existent when support of Obama was only about hatred/fear of Clinton.

One of the most obvious aspects of this campaign, and most overlooked (which usually means the truth) is that both the Drudgereport and Huffingtonpost ran non stop negative articles on Hillary.

Well, if both the extreme left and extreme right hate you...then you must be doing something very, very right.

#47     Jun 4, 2008
  8. The party doesn't need healing! What the party needs is strong leadership and a break from business as usual. Telling this miserable slut and her hubby to hit the f'n road would show such leadership.

#48     Jun 4, 2008
  9. Another example of why the democratic party is doomed...

#49     Jun 4, 2008
  10. Interesting....I disagree but that's ok.

Personally I'm not Demo so really don't care much at all about what happens to their party. Though I would hate to have McBush as president. And I say that with the full knowledge that my tax bill is going to go sky high with a BO admin. But inevitably it will no matter who is the president.

To me Hillary seems irrelevant at this point. I think her supporters during the primary will move easily to BO to beat McBush in the GE.

We shall see.

#50     Jun 4, 2008