Hillary abandons Lieberman to the Moonbats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Wednesday, July 05, 2006
    Senator Clinton's Choice
    Posted by Hugh Hewitt | 10:32 AM

From the Washington Post:

"I've known Joe Lieberman for more than 30 years. I have been pleased to support him in his campaign for reelection, and hope that he is our party's nominee," the former first lady said in a statement issued by aides.

"But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary," Clinton added. "I believe in the Democratic Party, and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters."

Senator Clinton’s decision to announce she will abandon Joe Lieberman if the left successfully purges him in the primary tells us many things:

* that Senator Clinton is fundamentally unserious about the war. Lieberman is for winning it. His opponent, Ned Lamont, is for retreat. Clinton obviously does not view victory in the war as worth fighting for beyond a primary;

* that Senator Clinton is very afraid of the party’s “leftroots,” especially Kosputin, the leader of the Lamont campaign. Failure to stand against them now means she won’t stand against them later;

* that Senator Clinton won’t try and save the party from its radical fringe. Joe Lieberman was the Democratic Party's standard bearer only six years ago, but now he’s the object of a political purge because of his centrist politics. Hillary will wave goodbye rather than take on the fringe.

2. Are you seriously suggesting that elected democrats should not support the democratic nominee chosen by democrats in their primary? Are you also saying that if a majority of connecticut dems nominate Lamont instead of Lieberman they officially become moonbats?

3. No.

4. Lieberman sees the writing on the wall. He betrayed those that voted for him. Time for him to get lost. Even as an independent, he is finished, lost all credibility.

5. Then why did you name this thread "Hillary abandons Lieberman to the Moonbats "?

6. Please clarify your "Then..." statement.

What is it based on?

7. Pabst

Pabst

Lieberman has a big lead in the polls......

8. In response to :

Are you seriously suggesting that elected democrats should not support the democratic nominee chosen by democrats in their primary? Are you also saying that if a majority of connecticut dems nominate Lamont instead of Lieberman they officially become moonbats?

You said:

No.

So, I asked you the question. It was not a statement!

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I guess the operating word here is: democrat.

Lieberman is a Republican. There is a watchgroup that tallies voting patterns and Lieberman frequently scores higher on the conservative scale then most Republicans...

He should finally change party affiliation according to his true colors...