Hilary Shelton: (NAACP) Romney is a racist....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 13, 2012.

1. Thank you sir for dumbing down to a level that is familiar to you and your peers:)

#21     Jul 13, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

If you are basically only aware of one race, can you still be considered a racist?

#22     Jul 13, 2012
  3. Nah unfortunately, it doesn't. The National Association of Advancement for Colored People (how is that for a racist organization) invited him to speak, he showed. You are stating that his message SHOULD change when speaking to blacks, but that isn't the case. blacks are not entitled to anything that everyone else is not.. why can't you understand that? That IS equality. Are the people who don't view anything in terms of race, the racists? OR are the people who break everything down to race, guilty?

You are also implying that Gingrich/Santorum/Romney are all racist against blacks which is baseless speculation and racist in and of itself.

So are you saying that all righties are racist?

What do you mean by what time it really is.. to me that sounds almost like a call to action, is that what you're subtly saying dude? Could you elucidate?

#23     Jul 13, 2012
  4. Mercor

Mercor

*President Barack Obama is considered by some to be the nation's first black president - but Morgan Freeman isn't one such individual.

*The remarks came Sunday as Jackson was talking to a fellow interviewee, UnitedHealth Group executive Dr. Reed V. Tuckson. An open microphone picked up Jackson whispering, "See, Barack's been talking down to black people ... I want to cut his nuts off."

*Stanley Crouch recently sniffed in a New York Daily News column entitled "What Obama Isn't: Black Like Me." "Black, in our political and social vocabulary, means those descended from West African slaves,

White people really don't talk about black people as a separate entity.

#24     Jul 13, 2012
  5. Well worded.. the only correct answer is NO. However in the mind of certain entitled blacks, they deserve a higher standard of treatment for past grievances. I'm saying in crystal clear terms - fuck off.

#25     Jul 13, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I do recall that Romney himself just stated that we do not have equality of opportunity.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245830&highlight=Romney

#26     Jul 13, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

#27     Jul 13, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Oh, so you're voting for Obama? Splendid.

#28     Jul 13, 2012
  9. So he is pandering then, and still being labeled a racist. ok gotcha. Anyway the reasons behind this assertion are a whole other debate. My main argument, which others have pointed out innumerable times, is that the black leadership in this country is anything but. By keeping racism alive and at the fore front they are doing more harm than good.. what they actually think they are entitled to and why is beyond me. If one side wants to label the other racist because they disagree with special treatment policies like AA, then so be it, I just don't care. A guaranteed long term loser strategy, and harmful to the black community, parts of which already think they are entitled.

think about this, everyone born since like 1970 NEVER experienced slavery OR segregation, good luck trying to get whites born around that date to continually cough up money or vote for policies which put them at a disadvantage, just to appease a minority segment of the population. And if you are black and born after that date, you shouldn't be demanding/expecting anything from anyone. If you can't accept what happened you are free to move elsewhere, no one is stopping you. It's 2012, can we move the fuck on. seriously.

Racism is a real thing, but what you guys are doing is trivializing it. The hand is overplayed, it IS the story of the boy who cried wolf. As for govt policy or law implementing racism, we should all have a problem with that, kick out those responsible and repeal the laws. If you get arrested on a Fri night for being black, by two douchebag racist cops, they should be fired and spend twice the time in the clink. But for private individuals or organizations that are racist, that is their right, and if they hate you for the color of your skin all you can do is hate them back. Words to live by dudes. :)

#29     Jul 13, 2012
  10. Reeeeally??:D

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57471109/feds-fine-wells-fargo-over-discrimination-claims/

(CBS/AP) WASHINGTON - Wells Fargo Bank (WFC) will pay at least $175 million to settle accusations that it discriminated against African-American and Hispanic borrowers in violation of fair-lending laws, the Justice Department announced Thursday.

Wells Fargo, the nation's largest residential home mortgage originator, allegedly engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination against qualified African-American and Hispanic borrowers from 2004 through 2009.

#30     Jul 13, 2012