Hilary and Fox News, what a beautiful marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 8, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

First she shows up at Fox's 10th anniversary gala and enjoys wine with Rupert Murdoch. Then Murdoch himself holds a fundraiser for her. You know, you liberals are finally starting to get it now. There is no right or left, there is only money and power. They are all in bed together.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

MURDOCH TO HOST FUNDRAISER FOR HILLARY CLINTON
    Mon May 08 2006 18:25:16 ET

Rupert Murdoch has agreed to host a political fundraiser for Hillary Clinton this summer!

Murdoch's surprise decision to raise money for Clinton in July, on behalf of NEWS CORP., parent company of FOXNEWS and the NEW YORK POST, underlines a dramatic turn of relations between Murdoch and Clinton, who in 1998 coined the phrase “vast rightwing conspiracy” to denounce critics of her husband.

Some say the move by Murdoch reflects approval of her Senate career. Others note his record for picking future national leaders. Last century, he threw over the British conservatism he'd long supported to back longshot Tony Blair.

Clinton surprised Washington and media watchers recently by attending a FOX NEWS anniversary party, where she toasted Murdoch.

Political powerbroker and studio head Harvey Weinstein is said to have convinced Hillary that Murdoch could be a friend, not a foe, in her ongoing political maneuvers.

Hillary has now cornered the NY media market, by winning support from the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS owner Mort Zuckerman -- and now Murdoch and the NY POST.

Developing...

2. LOL, that's you Mav who's finally starting to get it now, liberals got it about Hillary a long time ago that she does not represent them any more. There is a reason why she is reliably getting whopping 2% of liberal vote in all dailykos straw polls. I said a long time ago she would not get the nomination.

3. Only Gore could wrestle the nomination from her at this point.

Besides, we all know what Hillary says now in order to get elected...and what she would do as president, are two very different things....

Look at it simply, Hillary is pro-choice, pro-healthcare, pro-environment. She has been mostly right wing on Iraq, that is about the extent of her non "liberal" position. Bill has also been mostly supportive of the Iraq war....

That alone makes her a liberal....

4. jem

jem

No what makes her liberal is her willingness to sell out her crowd and move to the center in an attempt to get elected. There are liberal and then there a people with principles. I could vote for someone with principles. I could never vote for the typical liberal in the U.S. They stand for nothing but appeasement of the dysfunctional left until it is time for a national election.

5. jem, you are full of crap.

The reason Bush's approval ratings are in the dumper is because he has sold out his fellow republicans.....he has done the same thing you accuse Hillary of doing.

You hatred has blinded your ability to reason effectively....

6. ZZZ,

You're two for two so far on this thread. Hillary will say anything to get elected, and Bush has sold out his core supporters. That seems to be a Bush family tradition.

7. I suspect Murdoch is the one selling out here. He is no doubt deathly afraid of the Democrats taking control of the congress and trying to reinstitute the so-called "Fairness Doctrine."

8. jem

jem

I have said many times Bush's Dad is a liberal, and since the Meirs nomination I have been calling a Bush a clandestine liberal dressed up by Rove. So we agree. I did not vote for Bush Senior. I never liked him as a politician. And I would not have voted for his son given a choice of a non liberal.

9. More nonsense. More all or nothing thinking.

Bush Sr. was a moderate republican.

In your black and white world, if you are a moderate, then you are a liberal....

10. Yannis

Yannis

Truth is, most Americans are right in the center of the political continuum. Words and some momentum comes from the right and left sides, but, at the end of the day, the politician who is seen as the more reliably centrist wins.

#10     May 9, 2006