Highly selective trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by illiquid, Jun 14, 2002.

1. oh com'on..do you guys REALLY TRADE? breakout players DOES NOT CARE about tops or bottoms...it is NOT part of their game.....example..REAL DAYTRADERS......example going long upon a breakout (obviously for REAL TRADERS is DEFINITELY HIGHER than ANY lows whjo cares?!) and later they sold HIGHER.....AND then later..they might just buy EVEN higher prices for NEW breakout signals.....they simply dont care about previous trades of prices lower below minutes/hours ago.......

It is REALLY Bullcrap the perpetuation of NAILING TOPS and BOTTOMS by people who DONT REALLY TRADE or trying to sell some service,newsletter or software.....It is feeding that age old FANTASY of/to the naive.......actually if you ever really read enough books.....which i have....I dont see much of the authors talk/care about nailing tops and bottoms......

and yes....there are people who will for years still trying to find out how or possible to nail tops and bottoms.(yeah...nice expensive hobby...lol)....i hope they last long enough to realize making REAL MONEY everyday is not like that......

Just think of the market makers......a more CONSISTENT group of people who make money everyday....do you think they care if they sold the tops or the bottoms? all they care is if they made money by the end of the day......

traders who dont EVOLVE to that level of understanding will always remain FISHFOOD for the smart traders.....

by the way...i make my living from trading FULL TIME the markets for over 11 years.....no jobs......part time or full time.......

#31     Jun 30, 2002
  2. SteveD

SteveD

I would think another method of capitalizing on the "big" move is to increase your size when that opportunity presents itself.

If you normally trade 1K shares then increase to 4K when you have that confidence of the strong move coming up next.

By trading small size keeps you in market and in tune with flow so you can identify the trend.

#32     Jun 30, 2002
  3. It takes experience, market knowledge,patience and most of all luck in order to nail that proverbial "one round" a year trade.....it takes all of those qualities above to nail one........in my years of in the markets....i'd only did it twice 1998 and 2001...and yes...LUCK is a big factor...then when you experience enough of these "lucky" events/circumstance/situations...then you backtest/study the whys and the hows.......

#33     Jul 2, 2002