Highly recommended trading book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by blueraincap, May 2, 2021.

1. I don't even understand your point on Roaring Kitty. If he is ALREADY LONG, then he has NO OR LESS POWDER TO BUY MORE. Seems like that is a bearish sign. I'm riding this motherfuker to VICTORY!!!!!!! Maaaaalalallalalaalalalalalalalalalalalaalaaa!!!!!

#11     May 3, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Salty, calm down man. I'm just saying that just because he is long, does not mean he has no more power to buy more long. He is sitting on a huge pile of cash not reflected in the screenshots because the money is no longer in the account.

Anyways, whatever.

Salty, you should be with me pal. You should be longing the index futures for a sure bet, not going short deep into individual stocks you do not believe in.

If you do not believe in a company, do not short it. Just avoid it.

If you believe in a company, then put your money into it long.

So easy a caveman can do it. Trading salad.

Get connected man. Get the groove.

For example, buy BA!! They have nowhere to go but up in the long term!

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    #12     May 3, 2021
    gregglogan likes this.
  3. lol they even have a chapter on WF analysis

#13     May 3, 2021
  4. JSOP

JSOP

What's WF? :confused:

#14     May 3, 2021
  5. walk forward, its a method designed to reduce data mining bias when parameterizing a strategy.. extremely ironic given the nature of this book

books like this show you just how fallible those methods actually are. or at the very least, how easily they can be abused

#15     May 3, 2021
  6. JSOP

JSOP

They do walk-forward analysis based on astrology?? :wtf: That is interesting...

#16     May 3, 2021
  7. It is scientific. See you on the moon.

#17     May 3, 2021
  8. Actually, maybe we all have no free-will since the big bang

#18     May 3, 2021
  9. For entertainment: Reminiscence of a stock operator

Possibly learn something for trading: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Kevin+Davey

The books obviously won't give you a winning strategy, but can help with creating the foundation for your own.

#19     May 3, 2021
  10. market Wizards or The new market wizards are among those books that can tell you about some unique strategies which made some professional traders. Written by jack Schwager, the book has some of the interviews done with Paul Tudor Jones and many other billionaires. It's a good read though.

#20     May 7, 2021