Highest dividend?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by short&naked, Nov 23, 2008.

1. yayt

yayt

MO (and it's sibling PM) definitely look interesting

#21     Nov 23, 2008
  2. gkishot

gkishot

Please explain. Since I am talking about the REIT index and not individual reits I go by the assumption that the reits that stopped paying dividends will lose their REIT status and will be removed from the index. My guess is that the REIT industry is not going to disappear as a whole. What am I missing here?

#22     Nov 23, 2008
  3. Look forget about the highest dividend yields and focus on the companies that can continue to support and GROW their dividends. If I was looking for div paying stock then look at the likes of J&J, KO, PG etc. They are rock solid div payers in this type of environment.

#23     Nov 23, 2008
  4. Not getting your dividend would be the least of your worries. If the company can not get financing they will have to file for chapter 11. That's why the whole group is under pressure.

It's best to focus on companies with low debt in this uncertain market enviroment. Like INTC.

#24     Nov 23, 2008
  5. > Like INTC.

ESPECIALLY companies like INTC, that are solid, but whose stock price is getting completely beaten up right now due to being a "fund favorite" and forced liquidations making it insanely cheap at the moment.

#25     Nov 23, 2008
  6. dsq

dsq

t,mo,ge,vz, dd

div: 6%-9%

#26     Nov 23, 2008
  7. Harvest Energy Trust (HTE) yields about 30%. They'll likely have to cut their distribution by Q209. Then they'll "only' yield 15%.

#27     Nov 23, 2008
  8. Ormen

Ormen

CLM is looking good at this moment

#28     Nov 23, 2008
  9. jsv416

jsv416

FCX- 10.3% yield. Has been crushed lately, obviously, due to market forces and copper prices getting crushed. Solid commodity producer not going anywhere......

#29     Nov 23, 2008
  10. TGregg

TGregg

GM was coughing up 40 points or so, last time I looked. :D

#30     Nov 23, 2008