Higher risk limits in TST Funded Account

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Peblo, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Peblo

Peblo Guest

Has anyone here got risk limits with TST in the Funded Account which were higher than standard parameters? For instance, in a $50k account - a max position size higher than 5 lots, or daily loss limit higher than $1k?

Apparently, you can ask for increased limits after you achieve a certain profit in your Funded Account.

2. Times

Times

Your profits become the limit I believe.

Like if you have $5k profit sitting in the account, that $5k is your limit

3. Overnight

Overnight

And what if you withdraw the 5K back?

Is the 5K considered a trailing drawdown?

tomtr27 likes this.
  4. Peblo

Peblo Guest

What about the daily loss limits and max position size?

5. Times

Times

if you withdraw all your profits, they close your account I heard. As you have 0 drawdown now

TST wants to mitigate their risks asap its probably why they are still in business

6. Peblo

Peblo Guest

Do you actually know for sure they give higher limits if you ask for them?

7. Peblo

Peblo Guest

Those idiots can't even tell me the commission rate - I will leave them as soon as possible. F*£%*£*%ers!!!

8. Overnight

Overnight

Sounds like a pyramid scheme. A very complex pyramid scheme. So they are using your profits to help fund other traders.

9. Times

Times

Its a business.

I'm pretty sure they make most of their money selling combines over the dream of actual profitable traders but we won't know unless they release audited financial statements which they have 0 reason to.

traderjo likes this.
  10. trade2020

trade2020

It is a trailing drawdown. If it was a max drawdown then you could withdraw profits daily or weekly to zero and still have the drawdown. In this case of a trailing drawdown you are essentially trading with your own money (the profits you generated in the account) and paying Topstep 20%.

SMB capital only offers a starting payout of 50% (versus 80% payout i.e. TopStep and Earn2Trade) but the key difference is SMB Capital's drawdown is supposed to be a "fixed" drawdown and not trailing like Earn2Trade and TopStep.

With TopStep and Earn2Trade--I believe the way they calculate the trailing drawdown is once you have made that amount in profits in your funded acct those profits you generated are now "the drawdown" so if you have say a $5,000 trailing drawdown and you generate $5,000 in profits and withdaw down to zero--you will get the higher % net payout but because you withdrew down to zero --they close your acct because you have no drawdown left

Whereas with SMB Capital (and other firms that offer a "fixed" drawdown) if you generated the $5,000 in profits you can withdraw down to zero and you still have the full drawdown.

Hence real repeat revolving drawdown funding ("fixed drawdown" but lower payout %) VS one time funding with higher % payout but no repeat drawdown funding due to trailing

#10     Feb 8, 2020