Higher Minimum Wage Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Sheesh! The local Audi dealer charges $175/hr for labor.

#51     Jul 13, 2009
  2. I know.

The great part is that even if my car was still under warranty, I could take it to this guy, and there'd be no problem.

I know because I called BMW to check his status out and they affirmed he was BMW certified, and that he had just attended their latest program for technicians about a year ago.

Watch consumers and providers bypass any business with high overhead.

When times get tough, people get smarter and more aggressive.

#52     Jul 13, 2009
  3. What are you talking about? The minimum wage for tipped employees is not going from $2.13 to $7.25. You’re blatantly wrong, stop trying to deceive people.

#53     Jul 13, 2009
  4. How did you get that stick shoved so far up your ass? First off, Grandpa got paid a decent wage to do low skill maual labor, people today don’t. He also didn’t have to compete with Mexican’s for jobs and his job didn’t get outsourced to China.

I mean I would agree with you if you were talking about lazy people who refuse to work and are leeches on society, but what’s with the bashing of people who work but who’s job doesn’t pay them hardly enough to live on? Why is it wrong for somebody to break into another person’s house and steal from them, but it is perfectly ok for employers to blatantly not pay something even close to a decent wage? Isn’t that stealing too? Of course everybody here is gonna talk about all this supply/demand of labor crap and what skills deserve what pay, but we all know that’s crap. You know it when you see it. A lot of employers steal from employees by not paying their worth and everybody knows it.

#54     Jul 13, 2009
  5. I'm glad you bought that point up.

I was once at Burger King and getting a whopper, which is my one fast food achilles heel, and older teens in the car ahead of me were making fun of the woman working the drive thru window.

I got out of my car, went up to theirs, and asked them what their problem was as I leaned inside of their car. I told them that the person they were making fun of was an honest working person, and if they wanted to go make fun of someone, to go and find a criminal who stole and cheated people.

Three employees literally applauded as these teenagers sat their with their mouths dropped open.

When they left, and my car pulled up to the window, the employees had stuffed my order with a complimentary large coke, an extra whopper and fries. I left a $5 tip and told them to keep on keepin' on.

#55     Jul 13, 2009
  6. Cesko

Cesko

How did you get that stick shoved so far up your ass? First off, Grandpa got paid a decent wage to do low skill maual labor, people today don’t.

It's not Grandpa's world anymore is it?
    And we don't have to work the land anymore do we?
    Also we don't hunt anymore do we?
    So maybe you need to get that stick shoved up in your ass to get sense of reality.

#56     Jul 13, 2009
  7. I think you watch too many movies.

#57     Jul 13, 2009
  8. I think you're a dumbass.

#58     Jul 13, 2009
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Well, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. So you wouldn't have any problem with employers going to areas with cheaper labor, would you? You know, taking into account the micro-economics and all.

Btw, where do you teach? :D

#59     Jul 13, 2009
  10. Arnie

Arnie

Very true. In the past few weeks I've talked with heads of two IT departments with large co's Both said they were able to get senior programmers for about 1/2 to 2/3 the going rate last year.

#60     Jul 13, 2009