Higher highs overwhelms Lower Low recorded temperatures, case for global warming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Nov 13, 2009.

1. #11     Nov 14, 2009
  2. #12     Nov 14, 2009
  3. Thanks for your concern but:if it gets too warm for me I'll just move or turn up the ac if it's okay with you.

Besides you have a strange definition of adapt, note it's a verb which implies action.

Main Entry: adapt
    Pronunciation: \ə-ˈdapt, a-\
    Function: verb
    Etymology: French or Latin; French adapter, from Latin adaptare, from ad- + aptare to fit, from aptus apt, fit
    Date: 15th century

transitive verb : to make fit (as for a specific or new use or situation) often by modificationintransitive verb

#13     Nov 14, 2009
  4. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lord Stern, who said that he was not a strict vegetarian himself, was speaking on the eve of an all-parliamentary debate on climate change"

Yes killthesunshine, moderation is good.:D

#14     Nov 14, 2009
  5. Ricter

Ricter

#15     Nov 14, 2009

6. In Earth's history do you really consider 420,000 years a long time?

#16     Nov 14, 2009
  7. I'm not buying any of your crapola,you are better off selling it to stupid people.

#17     Nov 14, 2009
  8. Here's the long term view:

http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/the-sun/the-suns-future/

So you AGW fools are barking up the wrong tree.

#18     Nov 14, 2009
  9. "In 1.1 billion years from now, the Sun will be 10% brighter than it is today"

Who's the fool here then? Or at the very least severely lacking in the numeracy department.

A 10% increase in solar radiation over 1.1 billion years would be an increase of ~0.0000001% (assuming simple linear growth) per decade, really is not in the same league as 0.2C change in mean global temperature per decade due to AGW as (conservatively) forecast by IPCC.

The natural history of main sequence stars is rather well known and has been for decades. It is elementary astronomy. You think that scientists researching climate are not aware of these things, and it's taken your, hmmm ..... diligent, research with Google to shine some light, so to speak, on the problem?

#19     Nov 14, 2009
  10. Yes I certainly do think the IPCC is just that dumb.
    I think they are just politicizing a non-problem for extortion purposes.

However if the IPCC are correct in their predictions , I still just do not care.
    Their hysteria does not alarm me anymore than the work of Thomas Malthus or that nutcase Paul Ehrlich.

Furthermore I don't find the concept of AGW even if accurate worthty of one thin dime of my net resources..

IOW: Bring it on!

#20     Nov 15, 2009