High Volume Futures Traders

Discussion in 'Events' started by Transact Futures, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Somethings a little off here. Just doesn't feel quite right. Anyone looking to do business with this firm shoudl do a real good search here on ET (and general background on NFA). Just one man's
    opinion. Steve46

#31     Mar 13, 2004
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Your opinions Steve46 are usually valid but in this case off base. I know nothing about the firm except that Zimmerman is a super clean, no nonsense guy. You don't run Solly's CBOT operation for two decades by being a sleaze. The principles are all big CBOT names. Well regarded traders. Bill Noyes made millions in the 10 yr pit.

#32     Mar 13, 2004
  3. Pabst (and Beachboy)
    I just took my own advice and did a search. Looking up all posts attributable to "Beachboy" and general background on Transact. I have to admit I am wrong. I apologize. Best Regards, Steve46

#33     Mar 13, 2004
  4. YYNOTT

YYNOTT

What is your connection rate to the exchange?

DS3?

#34     Mar 14, 2004
  5. Pabst, with all due respect, a no nonsense guy wouldn't have made such posts which some may consider borderline sleaze.

#35     Mar 14, 2004
  6. Pabst

Pabst

I think he's a newbie to ET and not hip to the etiquette here. You know, some of these button down guys go on a message board and suddenly they're unleashed.:)

#36     Mar 14, 2004
  7. jlm890

jlm890

Just throwing in my two-cents...(and just to make a point, I am no longer affiliated with them)

Was one of the original developers of TransAct when it was called YesTrader. It's a solid piece of work...mostly built by MIT grads. Speed was and is comparable if not better then any of the other trading software systems out there. Did some trading for testing purposes from my home using the ASP model and my DSL line with no problems. Only issues I had was with my ISP, not them. Support staff and developers have been around the product for over 4 years so they do really know it inside and out like Rich said.

Owners of TransactFutures (York BA) treat their people very well. Know people who have joined up both as IT or traders, and have been there for many years.

I would not hesitate working or doing business with them again.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

John Mueller
    jlm890@yahoo.com

#37     Mar 14, 2004
  8. nitro

nitro

Please keep me updated on this. Without the API, the value of the rest of your fine offering is greatly diminished to me.

If you need beta testers, I would be willing....

nitro

#38     Mar 14, 2004
  9. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

I appreciate all of your intrest in our company. If you have any questions or issues please call me, Bill Zimmerman or our Director of Operations Brian Sass and we would be glad to answer any questions.

Secondly I also would offer anyone the chance to use us without any minimums for 30 days. All you would have to pay is the standard commission of .55 a lot and a account mimnimum of 10,000. I won't care if you do a 1 lot that month or a 1000. The best way to see if our software is good is to try it out. Also if you are in Chicago you are welcome to come by our shop at the lovely CBOT. Meet the CEO, the developers, the Risk staff and of course the wonderful sales people.

#39     Mar 15, 2004
  10. Are there any traders out there ... that have opened an account willing to comment on the service?

#40     Mar 15, 2004