High Unemployment And Low Inflation....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ...................................................................

What do cows do ....?

They go to where the grass is green.... and tall ....and sweet....

They will never go to "just planted" grass....

#11     Jul 28, 2009
  2. people "who were long" has absolutely nothing to do with timing the low in march. No one can do this regularly, so it is a pointless argument.

#12     Jul 28, 2009
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

the boomers expected too much now it is coming back on them. it is all down to greed. if they made wise decisions rather than trying to be rich it would not happen.

#13     Jul 28, 2009

4. As you think about things, it is very worthwhile to work through, intellectually, who controls the market.

It is also very important to consider whether or not the market is right or wrong and how often.

For me, using logic turned out to be very significant.

You bring up the matter of fundamentals as well. Recently Justin Fox published years of work on the history and validity of those working in the financial industry. I am rereading it to soup up my copious notes and to construct an index that allows me to cross reference the meat that Justin did not understand or digest.

I find it to be very clear that 400% profits were on the table for anyone who wished to do the "taking".

This investing or trading is something else. Being actively involved for over 50 years and having sorted out things long ago, it is really significant to be scribing the events coming down the pipe at this unique time in financial history.

The 400% profit was turned by those who have intellectually and logically come to understand who is in control and just what is going on.

Here we all are today and about no one knows what is going on even though it happens over and over again and always works out the same way.

It is beginning to look to me that it is important for serious traders to know how to time the markets while being on the right side of the markets at all times.

Just for discussions sake, I would be willing to say that anyone who has the view that timing and being on the right side always, is a very good idea. If they were willing to suggest how to use fundamentals and other measures to determine this, then those blogs they contribute to are worth following.

What is the Sharpe ratio for pulling down 400% since March? What is the Sharpe ratio for running short from 30 down to 1. I know it must be different than going up 400% from below 1. Does a Sharpe ratio help with timing? I don't use Sharpe ratios for anything; it just looks like appraisal of performance stuff to me.

#14     Jul 28, 2009
  5. Some how, that would not surprise me...

#15     Jul 28, 2009