High-Speed Trading No Longer Hurtling Forward

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Oct 15, 2012.

1. I believe the 1.3 is in the ballpark for HFT profits in US Securities. Just look at Knight's Income statements from past years: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=KCG+Income+Statement&annual

For the month of September they were ranked 7th in volume for NYSE, ARCA, and Nasdaq listed securities. I believe in the past they were even higher...

Their net income averaged only a little over $100mil the past 3 years with expenses topping $1bil all three years.

#41     Oct 15, 2012
  2. antaram

antaram

numbers are different for each firm and for each year, but the ones i gave are pretty close to real for a firm i can't name

#42     Oct 15, 2012
  3. jb514

jb514

By technology do you also include developers? That would make a little more sense.

#43     Oct 15, 2012
  4. vicirek

vicirek

I was just trying to help you figuring out who you are trying to match your level. Where is the thank you?

#44     Oct 15, 2012
  5. mokwit

mokwit

My guess is that HFT to give a return on equity (funds invested) has to use a lot of leverage - less leverage available or higher cost of funds would likely impact profitability i.e. it is a Fed baby as much as a structural edge baby (Bats flash orders etc)

#45     Oct 16, 2012
  6. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Do you realize "help you figuring out who you are trying to match your level" is not actually a sentence? I can't for the life of me figure out what you are trying to say: are you trying to match my level (whatever that means) or help me figure out who I am (why would you do that)?

#46     Oct 16, 2012
  7. vicirek

vicirek

Do not ruminate too much. It is not that important. This is HFT thread.

#47     Oct 16, 2012