High-Speed Trading No Longer Hurtling Forward

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Oct 15, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

And is it representative of the entire industry? I am quite sure a lot of HFT firms actually lost money this year. They are using incredibly costly technology on shrinking margins. There is no greater success in trading HFT than trading in general, for every firm that made 300 M there is 3 Start-ups that lost 10...You don't have a better estimate than Rosenblatt Securities just by knowing the results of one firm.

#11     Oct 15, 2012
  2. I never said I worked for a clearing firm jackoff. I said my old firm cleared the trades of an HFT shop.

Annoying and stupid is no way to go through life.

#12     Oct 15, 2012
  3. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Oh I see... I misunderstood you what you meant there. My bad.

But did I misunderstand the fact that your entire view is extrapolated from a single observation? And that you don't really understand capacity constraints vis-a-vis HFT strategies?

Ignorance is indeed no way to go through life.

#13     Oct 15, 2012
  4. vicirek

vicirek

"By comparison, Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase each earned more in the last quarter than the high-speed trading "

Is this the real reason that the HFT firms have issues because bigger guys teamed together and adopted this technology or can counter act HFT? Hunter become prey?

#14     Oct 15, 2012
  5. This is pointless.

If you think that the entire HFT industry only made 1.5 billion then that's fine. You can have your opinion and so can Rosenblatt securities.

I'll take the over.

Best of luck to you.

#15     Oct 15, 2012
  6. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Again, your opinion is based on a single observation.

Anyway, it looks like you are just one of those guys with an irrational grudge against all things 'HFT'.

#16     Oct 15, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

I think you guys have no actual clue as to what HFT is.

#17     Oct 15, 2012
  8. vicirek

vicirek

This term is used freely by many and refers to variety of things hence the confusion. Can you provide us with what is your understanding of HFT technology ET style (succint)?

#18     Oct 15, 2012
  9. 2rosy

2rosy

i know strategies that are profitable everyday but 1-3 million per day? there's only a few firms that could have done that and they had to pay for flow

#19     Oct 15, 2012
  10. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

ET Style HFT Technology? Delusion + Paranoia + Complete Ignorance of All Things Finance

#20     Oct 15, 2012