High-Speed Traders Should Bear Cost of Oversight

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RedDuke, May 9, 2011.

1. You guys don't think HFT may end up meaning "us"?

#11     Jul 18, 2011
  2. rosy2

rosy2

exactly. where do you draw the line? and once the line is drawn anyone can slow down or speed up there stuff to take advantage of the regulations :cool:

#12     Jul 18, 2011
  3. duh, like chuck knows anything about how hft works. :p

Its obvious one of his contributors that can't beat hft's is crying about it and its his way of helping a brotha out.

IMO, opening the door to more fee's of any kind is a bad bad bad idea. Its sets a bad precedent. But most idiots on this board wouldnt understand that.

#13     Jul 18, 2011
  4. I'd assume that this becomes:

Market Makers - EXEMPT.

Other Exchange Members [incl the rest of HFT] - EXEMPT.

Automated traders through brokers - YOU PAY.

Brokers in general - HIGHER COMMS

Paradise for existing HFT.

Totally ruins up and coming HFT.

#14     Jul 18, 2011
  5. Yes, it will apply to individual commoners only, get rid of pesky competition.

An exemption or loophole will have already been created before passage.

This in exchange for that

One door closes but look what we opened up for you

I need a favor in exchange

A friend of mine needs a favor

We all need favors in exchange for making it look like we are doing something good for the public

#15     Jul 19, 2011
  6. jb514

jb514

It appears as if they are trying to solve a problem they don't really understand. I don't think orders being cancelled really hurts any of us.

#16     Jul 19, 2011
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#17     Jul 27, 2011
  8. SEC Large Trader Reporting Rule:

http://blog.themistrading.com/?p=2834

Yesterday, the SEC approved a new rule called the “large trader” reporting rule. According to the SEC, the rule has two primary components:

- First, it requires large traders to register with the Commission through a new form, Form 13H.

- Second, it imposes recordkeeping, reporting, and limited monitoring requirements on certain registered broker-dealers through whom large traders execute their transactions.

A large trader will be defined as a person whose transactions in exchange-listed securities equal or exceed two million shares or $20 million during any calendar day, or 20 million shares or $200 million during any calendar month.

-Guru

#18     Jul 27, 2011
  9. zdreg

zdreg

there will be an unpleasant surprise for someone trading penny stocks.

#19     Jul 27, 2011