High School Teacher- Write about "Who you'd kill & how you'd do it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jzlucas, May 15, 2006.

1. Teacher apologizes for asking students to write about who they'd kill
    (5/15/06 - ST. JOSEPH, MO) - A high school teacher has apologized for asking students to write about who they would kill and how they would do it, and officials said he will likely keep his job.

Michael Maxwell, who teaches industrial technology at Central High School, said his request that students in his beginning drafting class describe how they would carry out a murder was merely a writing prompt. It was not clear why he asked the drafting class to write fiction.

"I made a horrible mistake that I regret," Maxwell said. "I want to apologize to my students, my colleagues and to the community."

The April 21 writing request, which Maxwell said was not a formal assignment, came to the attention of administrators when a parent of one of the students filed a complaint with Principal Barton Albright.

St. Joseph School District spokesman Steve Huff declined to discuss possible disciplinary measures.

2. g222

g222

Incomprehensible that a teacher could be so insensitive to recent acts of violence in today's schools. There should definately be some sort of suspension and psycological examinations in his immediate future.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I had a chemistry professor tell us what the perfect poison was during a lecture once.
    Supposedly it would look like a heart attack and the coroner would never think to test for it.
    Unfortunately by the time I was going through a divorce years later - I had forgotten what it was.

4. They let this nut keep his job and put that hot blonde in jail?

5. My idea of a good teacher.

[​IMG]

6. Tell me you wouldn't pay attention.

7. I'd pay attention... I promise!

8. g222

g222

She could indeed hold my ... attention.

9. And with those cuffs on... I promise to be the best student :D

10. g222

g222

Yeah, but I'd be the most obedient ...
    And if I ever ... got out of hand ...