High Probability the Bottom is in - A rare Joab call

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Now that is a good call!

the real market calls were made by RFT on Friday 2:37PM (and on Thursday's close for retirement accounts).

PS: As RFT wrote on his blog, he took profits when NDX was at 1134, and then shorted a couple of time, and made 27NDx points on the shorts today in addition to fat profits from Friday's bottom

#11     Nov 24, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

Do you always refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

I can't believe stocktrd3r is with me on this one but he will get his vindication this time.

#12     Nov 24, 2008
  3. Nice to see you back Buddy. Now let me print this thread on my printer. I've run out of ass wipe.:D

#13     Nov 24, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

Ha

Thought I would show you how it's done :p

Cheers Renny :D

#14     Nov 24, 2008
  5. Does anyone on ET ever look at actual stock SECTORS???

How about the coal stocks?
    Natty gas? Drillers?
    Energy?

#15     Nov 24, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Joab whats that probability that a bottom is in, cause I have to disagree, I hope to revisit this THREAD when the DOW and S&P have 7 handles once again...

#16     Nov 24, 2008
  7. The bottom may or may not be in, but Joab's call was easily worth 50 handles on the ES today ... easy.

From a tradng perspective, it might be a good idea to listen to what he has to say.

#17     Nov 24, 2008
  8. wjk

wjk

Actually, yes. Picked up a little something out of the energy sector today...just a taste for now.

#18     Nov 24, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

HIS CALL, the futures were soaring this morning along with the C news how can that be made a great call, come on. If he came out last Thursday before the 1000 point run up I might say he was somewhat right, as for the bottom being in, I have to continue to laugh, its just too funny for anyone who thinks thats todays news was worth 400 points on the DOW. I can guarantee the market drops and wipes out all these gains sometime over the next 2 weeks, we will be back under 8000 and everyone will be scratching their heads.

#19     Nov 24, 2008
  10. So Joab picked that great trading call out of Mandelbras as*?

On the other hand I love to see comradery. Trading call or actual bottom I'm pulling for you wankers...er um I mean boys!

:eek:

Ya think. . .Joab make a stab at a great call and nails it? If this the actual bottom to the Bear Market Joab's guru status will be unequivocal!

(jealous)

#20     Nov 24, 2008