High probability price action by Dr Cornelius

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by oilfxpro, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SteveH

SteveH

The onus of what consistenty works and what doesn't is on the reader, not the presenter. Any trading pics shown on these boards are a starting point for your own research efforts. That's all.

Personally, I'm all for a thread (like this) which shows a variety of setups and gives links to other areas of this board which has become so huge over the years as to be virtually unnavigable history-wise.

There's quite a bit of price action which remains hidden from historical views. A lot of mechanical-driven backtesters miss this "tap and retreat" type of trading which intraday daytraders see and profit from. You would have to backtest with access to the transaction stream and not just the OHLC of each price bar to derive the stats.

For example, on the CL, which is what I focus on, this happens all day, every day: price hits a point, retreats 10+ ticks ($100+ per contract) and then bounces back and the bar closes without ever leaving a trace that you could have profitted from that intrabar move. That trade entry would have looked like a loser to edge finders relying on pure backtesting methods for proof of profitability. I certainly don't disdain this "snatch and grab" type of trading as part of the plan when, last time I checked, $300 a day in the real world is still a darn nice annual salary.

#21     Jan 25, 2012
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

The onus of a trading method being "high probability" or "profitable" is on the presenter, not reader. If the OP wants to do this (or perhaps you do with CL), just make live calls or show a sanitized account statement. Otherwise, there's no evidence of such claims.

#22     Jan 25, 2012
  3. I am trading 20 to 30 times a day , so there is no time to post entries live.My trades would be irrelevant to somebody else learning from them , because everybody executes the same trade differently.

This is what I trade all day long using 15 min trend line break out , support , resistance and price action at entry and exit.15 min trading with the trend has better chances than trading 1 min or 5 min countertrend or with trend.I look for context and confluence and underlying market strength plus volatility and momentum.

The market is efficient ,there are no higher probability entries without context ,confluence,knowledge of crowd psychology including where all stops are , instrument price drivers such as interest rates expectations and fundamentals and trader knowledge and execution.The high probability comes from individual's ability to execute and read the charts/market and other factors .for those without these extra skills their chances are better with longer time frames like 15 min or even dailies depending on their strategy.

#23     Jan 25, 2012
  4. Yesterday's reversal to the 6 bottom support

#24     Jan 25, 2012
  5. This is what I am looking for today.I am biased long due to the recent trend and have a buy stop at 1.3057 .This is a small position ,if I get another low risk opportunity at around the price to add another position.There are a lot of short stops above the price, they will be fleeing and buying back.Stop loss 20 pips on first position , 12 pips with another low risk position

#25     Jan 25, 2012
  6. of not really sharing?Different purpose?

I fail to understand.:confused:

#26     Jan 25, 2012
  7. cornix

cornix

You know the purpose. :D

#27     Jan 25, 2012
  8. Earlier I took a small position with a 12 pip stop using higher lows

#28     Jan 25, 2012
  9. This is a inside bar trade done today

#29     Jan 25, 2012
  10. The inside bar along trends.Question to probability masters "would it have had same chance in a counter trend trade?"

#30     Jan 25, 2012