High Leverage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by think10, Aug 11, 2009.

1. think10

think10

Anyone know where I can get a prime brokerage account with a high leverage 20:1 or higher?

2. think10

think10

Hard for me to believe no one knows where to open an account with 20 to 1 for trading equities? I have been told that there are a few in london but having a hard time locating them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. As per the SEC rules for retail the maximum leverage is 4.
    Now you can join a prop firm or trade CFDs or "spread betting".
    CFDs and spreads bets are legal in London, look for CMC Markets as an example.
    For prop firms there are many that offer remote trading with leverage; Bright as an example but I dont know any of them, look in the prop firms threads.

4. think10

think10

Thanks for the reply but that isn't what I am looking for. I have a LLC and had a prime brokerage account with a firm in london that was giving me 20:1 to trade equities but they shut me down because I had a naked short that went passed settlement which pissed them off. So now I have a bunch of DVP accounts in the USA that I need to link up to a new prime brokerage account and start trading again. So I need a firm that will take and clear my trades and give me a high leverage. 4:1 will not cut it in the US, That is why I opened an account out of london. I have heard they are others in london and possible in the bahamas. All these high leverage firms are offshore and clear through a big firm in the US for an example JP Morgan or Bear Sterns. So I was curious to any traders on here that trade from an account offshore that can recommend a firm that does global clearing and settlement for US equity markets.

Thanks