High inflation will make home prices come into equilibrium faster?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Feb 21, 2008.

1. balda

balda

What is Bernarke's fault in todays economic situation?

raising rates will destroy economy even faster.

Fed should have cut rates way sooner and enforce strict regulations in real estate industry. Now it is too late.

#11     Feb 23, 2008
  2. ^ Agreed. I've gained much respect for Bernanke. Hes handling Greenspan's mess like a pro. Everyone knows there is a lag time in economic policy. It is impossible that any of the disasters going on today was actually caused by Bernanke.

For example, the next president is going to have a real huge mess when Bush leaves office. Where not going to blame him for having to clean it up?

#12     Feb 23, 2008
  3. Interesting idea. A moratorium on 650B/yr of defense spending for 5 years, down to a 100B/yr maintenance budget. A decrease of all taxes in half for 5 years.

What would all of the out of work military and defense contractors do? something useful? like build nuclear power plants and solar infrastructure via the private sector?

#13     Feb 23, 2008
  4. Adobian

Adobian

Yeah, it was the same guy who said there was adsolutely no RE bubble back in 2005.

#14     Feb 23, 2008
  5. Yeah, so? :D I diddn't say there was no bubble........... I said that some markets were not in a bubble. I'm putting a contract on a bring newer construction in northwest Florida.. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, for $103,000. If anything that's below market. I will admit that these cases are RARE, but they do exist.

#15     Feb 23, 2008
  6. Adobian

Adobian

I meant Bernanke who said there was no bubble. I didn't mean you.

#16     Feb 23, 2008