High Frequency Trading: Can Any Stock Replace Citigroup?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Marc to Market, Mar 21, 2011.

1. All those stocks you mentioned, along with a few dozen others going back to the early 2000's (ENE, WCOM, ERIC, etc.) did trade in the same way as C. The only difference is all those symbols, just like ALU, S, SIRI, etc. today, didn't trade volume even remotely close to that of C. So yes, traders will move onto other symbols, but it "will never be the same." C was one of those once in a lifetime opportunities. I think most of us who trade it for a living knew that sooner or later it would come to an end...

I'll be taking a slightly different approach and starting a petition against the Citigroup reverse split.

#11     Mar 21, 2011
  2. EPrado

EPrado

True...probably won't be exactly the same. But there will be other opportunities elsewhere. There always are.

C will probably get their wish in May when institutional money comes in to get short a ton of stock.

#12     Mar 21, 2011
  3. those of you trading for microscopic rebates are not traders at all.

the good news is, cab drivers are always in demand

#13     Mar 21, 2011
  4. EPrado

EPrado

Nah...those guys aren't traders. Real traders spend all day on this site and have over 12k posts.

A guy like you would kill for a HFT trading gig with a fund.

#14     Mar 21, 2011
  5. [​IMG]
    "I used to trade 7 million C a day, then it split the wrong way. But I make almost as much now and I get more fresh air"

#15     Mar 21, 2011
  6. #17     Mar 21, 2011
  7. they have to take the blinders off people need to be traders again, anytime i would tell them they aren't real traders they would take offense, one HF trader ask me whats going on with ABK before it went belly up, i told him MGS and NMR were buying.... he told me what does that mean ..... HEAD SMACK

you can't make this up

#18     Mar 22, 2011
  8. Very funny ZING!

#19     Mar 22, 2011
  9. since the computers do 99% of the hft trading, what gigs are you referring to? mens room attendant?

#20     Mar 22, 2011