High Dividend Paying REIT Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thesharpone, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I haven't done much research on this topic.

I am posting this for a quick answer. So I can do my research on the ones you post here.

Have you purchased or know of high dividend paying good REITs?

2. Thanks I might be able to use that.

3. Thanks for the information. I'll look at it.

4. axehawk

axehawk

I actually just stumbled across one that looks interesting. CLP 7.58% yeild...chart looks like its bottoming...but its out of Alabama.

I have never invested in a REIT, so I have no knowledge. If anyone wants to shine some light on this one...

5. I've owned NRO for a while. Its paying almost 17% in dividends right now. Plus they are planning to merge with NRI soon so there might actually be an increase in dividends because they will be cutting their costs.

6. Bowgett

Bowgett

I had HPT a while ago and thought buying it back sometime this year.

7. seems nice, is it mortgage based?, i'm asking cause it has tanked so much, it never traded below 12$, except this year

8. alex7

alex7

9. Neuberger Berman Real Estate Securities Income Fund, Inc. (NRO)is a closed-ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Neuberger Berman, LLC. The fund invests in the public equity markets of the United States. It typically invests in stocks of companies operating in the real estate sector including real estate investment trusts. The fund invests in growth stocks of companies operating across all market capitalizations. It employs a fundamental analysis including direct real estate analysis, on-site real estate analysis, and frequent meetings with company management to make its investments. The fund benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the NAREIT Equity Index and S&P 500 Index. Neuberger Berman Real Estate Securities Income Fund, Inc was formed on October 29, 2003 and is domiciled in the United States.

There was a big fight with management some months ago about the performance of the fund. There was some big do about the funds performance and i guess someone was pissed at management and did something to try to get them out. Anyway you can go to yahoo and see the NAV of NRO by typing XNROX in yahoo finance. It only seems to update anywhere from a few days to a week though.

#10     Feb 27, 2008