high cpu use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hmcp, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Did you download the latest version of E-signal. I was having the same High CPU usage until I updated to their newest version
    that just came out. It is not your computer or monitors

#11     Aug 30, 2009
  2. You didn't say whether it "spikes to 90% then declines back to normal", or "spikes to 90% and stays high".

If it's the former, perfectly normal.

If it's the latter, almost certainly caused by software.

#12     Aug 30, 2009
  3. hmcp

hmcp

The cpu stays 80 to 90% . The only things that I changed are the monitors.
    Thanks

Phil

#13     Aug 30, 2009
  4. Nevertheless, the problem is almost certainly software... could be the video driver, or just about anything else including something in Windows which has become corrupt.

Do you still have the old monitors which you could reinstall? Did you change video cards? If so, is the driver you're using different for the different monitors?

#14     Aug 30, 2009
  5. hmcp

hmcp

I gave away the monitors didnt change anything else.

Thanks
    Phil

#15     Aug 30, 2009
  6. Did you check your Task Manager and Processes to see what is running the CPU?

#16     Aug 30, 2009
  7. hmcp

hmcp

yes most of the things I have no idea what they are.top 3 are my trading apps

#17     Aug 30, 2009
  8. Sounds right.

Try loading your trading apps one at a time and checking CPU use before loading the 2nd and then do the same before loading the 3rd. Then you'll know which program is the problem.

#18     Aug 30, 2009
  9. hmcp

hmcp

I am going to update my esignal to the new version

Phil

#19     Aug 30, 2009
  10. hmcp

hmcp

OK thanks I will do that I'm not the best when it comes to computers so this is all trial and error.

Thanks
    Phil

#20     Aug 30, 2009