Hig

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NoDoji, Feb 23, 2009.

1. If I thought the markets were efficient I wouldn't trade.

#21     Feb 25, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

I understand.
    mergers are not quite the same but there are some similarities to trading.

#22     Feb 25, 2009
  3. BTW... why do you think this is the only possibility?

If nobody knows what it's worth there probably wouldn't be any bids either.

And since we're in a nasty bear market plenty of stocks have been excessively sold off. Why aren't these companies being bid on?

#23     Feb 25, 2009
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

They're certainly not efficient.

#24     Feb 26, 2009
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

You made money with DRYS, no question.

I'd like to go again with HIG, but just can't pull the trigger yet after reading MrStockers link. As of this morning, HIG's at 7.04. Down 12%

I'd liked to have gotten in on FITB Wednesday. It was hovering around $1.50 and jumped 40% the next time I looked at the ticker. I'd love to know why this happened. FITB is a horrible bank, but they're not loaded up with subprimes either. Hmmm

#25     Feb 26, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

companies bid for other companies in good times.

#26     Feb 26, 2009
  7. Didnt you guys see the special on CNBC last night about CDOs and SPVs? The Hartford is loaded down with them. Poisonous debt that will never have a fraction of the value that it once had.

As the balance sheet stands, The Hartford is a bankrupt insolvent company. If your expecting a double or triple from here, then you are wrong. Dead wrong.

Im expecting for this to meander in a tight range for the next 24 hours or so and then accompanied by a fallout outside of the triangle its forming on the chart.

It will then wallow in the low single digits until the annoucement that the company is bankrupt and probably followed by the CEO collecting a nice bonus right before...

**No one is going to bid on this with it loaded down with so much worthless ill-liquid securities on the books***

#27     Feb 26, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

9. #29     Feb 26, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

'In response to the downgrades, a Hartford spokeswoman said, "The Hartford is well-capitalized and is committed and able to meet the promises we've made to our policyholders."

what about the shareholders?

#30     Feb 26, 2009