Hig

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NoDoji, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I'm back long on HIG and DRYS - two VERY volatile players as we all know....that's why we love em.

Although I only took a tiny tiny position on HIG - we'll see what the rest of the week does.

Things are looking nasty for the $DJI -- I mean, anything's possible with Obama in the white house.

Obama = 100% Guaranteed Failure

He'll tell anyone anything they want to hear.

#11     Feb 23, 2009
  2. I missed this in Nov and have been watching it since.

Fundamentals are unknown outside HIG despite what anyone claims and for a trade, I'm more concerned with the technicals anyway.

I think this could break old support and will have a harder time bouncing as high as it did before, so...

Ideally I'd like to buy into a selloff and put on half at around 4.16 and the other half below that TBD based on price action. If it never gets to either point oh well.

My first upside target would be the high 10s at which point I might sell, buy puts if they're cheap or just watch it carefully.

#12     Feb 23, 2009
  3. This is the smartest comment on EliteTrader.

Obama is an affirmative action President. People voted for him to "feel good" or because "he's cool".

Imagine going to a job interview for a senior level computer programmer position and they ask what your skills are and specifically what you have done in the past.

If you are Obama, the answer is "Well, I don't dwell on the past, but I can program whatever you want and can do it the right way unlike the other guys you've had here".

"Well, sorry Sir, but we need something you've ever done".

"That's unfair. I can outprogram anyone here....blah, blah"- and the truth is, he has no clue how to program and inside he knows it.

And we voted this guy in - who has done nothing - the people he represented in Ill and Chicago are no better off - he talks of Bipartisanship but then blows it off, etc, etc.

As bad as she would have been, at least Hillary could have asked Bill for help when it got tough.

JJacksET4

#13     Feb 23, 2009
  4. **READ MY LIPS*** I know the fundamentals, they are not unknown. The Hartford is chock full of poisonous securities. They have not been able to unload them. They are suffering the same disease as Lehman.

Listen to me, do not own this security. **DO NOT**

#14     Feb 24, 2009
  5. Bullshit. Only God knows what all their securities are worth. In the meantime it's an excellent trading vehicle. If you're so certain then short it with every penny you have.

#15     Feb 24, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

you gave dangerous advice.it can double before going to near zero. jim rogers etc. does not put all his money on 1 horse.

#16     Feb 25, 2009
  7. m22au

m22au

#17     Feb 25, 2009
  8. agree. I mean, we're talking about the guy who posted all over about how he knew Fannie and Freddie we're going to the moon.

#18     Feb 25, 2009
  9. That wasn't advice it was sarcasm.

#19     Feb 25, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

i understand.

however if the paper was any good someone would make a bid for the whole co.

#20     Feb 25, 2009