hiding your trades

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PitchBlack, Jul 25, 2011.

1. post your system here

thanks in advance

#11     Jul 25, 2011
  2. Jreality

Jreality

I'm told that some brokers trade AGAINST their clients.

ADD: I won't mention the name of one that I'm told trades against their clients..... but it is well known that the founders of that particular brokerage are active traders.

#12     Jul 25, 2011
  3. OK, i thrust you:

I buy low and I sell high. But sometimes I first sell high and buy low later.

#13     Jul 25, 2011
  4. Well that's news to me. I thought all brokers cared about was where all of the liquidity was so they could do more volume and make more via commission.

So they literally can copy to the tick every entry and exit of the most successful accounts at a firm if they want to?

If there is any difference in fills on shorter timeframes that could break a working strat like nothing.

If its longer timeframe successful strategies I guess I could believe it.

#14     Jul 25, 2011
  5. If you were a broker... Would you...

A. Trade against the worst clients.

B. Trade with the best clients.

???? Any crooked brokers care to reply lol

#15     Jul 25, 2011
  6. Could you be more specific? Did they identify successful traders and then just mirror their orders as they came in (putting them 1 step behind in the queue, I would hope), or take the time to actually reverse engineer and frontrun successful players' strategies? If I may ask, what kind of position were you in to be able to witness this?

Sorry for all the questions .... but most important of all, care to name the firm? I would be very interested to know who it was, so please p.m. me if you're not comfortable divulging the name here. - TIA.

I'm surprised traders on a desk would have the kind of access to see individual clients' account balances and also see in real time when/where those traders were placing their trades.

#16     Jul 25, 2011
  7. Today a long position for 4 hours and a short position for 2 hours. Easy to piggyback without a big loss in performance.
    I never take positions for short timeframes.

#17     Jul 25, 2011
  8. Thanks in advance, that is what i'm looking for.

#18     Jul 25, 2011
  9. JamesL

JamesL

yes, you need a prime brokerage account

#19     Jul 25, 2011
  10. Thanks. I googled it and this confirms what i thought to have read somewhere: master account with all the positions from different brokers together.
    I hope I'm right?

#20     Jul 25, 2011