Hidding unwanted threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pekelo, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is one step before the thread gets deleted. The thread still shows up among the new threads on the main page (max. 20 threads) but not under its category.

I guess the subject matter is not wanted, but there is no good reason for deleting it, so it gets less view.

Example: The Niederhoffer thread. It still shows up when someone posts in it, but in its category (Trading) it can not be seen.

Unless I am mistaken....

2. Joe

Joe

If it shows up on the main page it definitely shows up on the first page of the forum.

Example attached.

Joe

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nope. I just tested it. I posted in the thread (deleted it later) and it didn't show up on the top of the Forum categories and once I clicked on More Threads the thread doesn't show up there AT ALL....

But it was on the top of the new posts on the mainpage after posting it...

P.S.: Maybe because the OP is on my Ignore list? Who is the OP? I can't tell, since it is not showing on my Forum list....

Edit: OK, I checked, yes, the reason for not showing was because the OP (timvodas) is on my Ignore list.

OK, case solved! :)

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The fact that threads by ignored users still appear on the homepage is a problem on this end. I will fix this issue this week.

5. Baron,

Sorry to be a pest, but this is quite annoying with posters like Stock Trad3r. He continues to spam meaningless threads and they're knocking down all the ones I'd rather read. Can we reimplement/fix this?

Or just ban the guy for a quick fix. :)

Thanks in advance.

-Ivan

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

As of yesterday, I still had Ignored posters' threads showing up on the main page....