Hidden/reverse divergence

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Eric J, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Eric J

Eric J

While using a slow stoch and macd divergence method I have rules that allow me to take dual/multi confirmed or trend following signals . Do you trade off hidden divergence ? (as defined on the DS ) I trade the russel 2000 Emini and use it sparingly but have mixed results . If you can share anything regarding this maybe we can help each other .:confused:

2. Eric J

Eric J

Sure , I know Roger . He got my coins already but seems to customize his calls on his recap to suit his method . His hd calls dont have a consistent form to commit any rules to . Theyre hard to use in general .

3. Is hidden divergence another word for imagined divergence, or hopeful divergence?

Would reverse divergence be convergence?

You pay someone 5 grand to teach you some BS like that and well, yeah whatever.

4. Eric J

Eric J

Thanks Reaver and jimmy jam . Good thread , I agree about the rules and thats what I use to keep out of major trouble . FT is no holy grail because I know there is no such thing . I am a newbie for sure and learned the hard way that finding what works for ME is what works .

5. You got it man. No worries. Just learn with a passion, and it will come to you one day. Best of luck.

6. X-11

X-11

This thread reminds me of some emails I received from Traders International some time last spring or so. There were some links to some videos and in the videos the guy running the room was only taking hidden divergence if the DS was not going down below 20 for a long. But he was also saying that for some reason the ones that did go below the 20 line were also working pretty good so he was confused as to which ones to take. He was also taking notes on the time of day where these signals worked better. And to think they are charging thousands when they don't even have any idea which HD signals they were supposed to be taking.

7. Eric J

Eric J

In following the trend the HD is useful but we are trained to take them if they are in a trend channel and price is positioned near its top for a short or its bottom for a long . Also if no volume exhaustion is present and price making clear trending action like stairstepping gives the HD a green light . At least these are the few rules I stick to for taking them . The Ds overbought or oversold never comes into play at FT .

8. X-11

X-11

So Roger just wants price to be near the trend channel line. Sounds like TI's thinking is that if the DS has gone down too much then the "stair-stepping" you talk about is having it's last "stair" go down too far to their liking. (As far as the DS is concerned).

Plus, as we all know, Roger had to do things differently than Times so it wouldn't look like he was still doing TI setups even though they are quite similar.

9. Eric J

Eric J

I hear Roger designed the Code for the TI indicators while he worked for them a while back . I find it complicates things if you have to align too many things to take a trade . Its better for me to have a clear signal or two that I look for in the right comditions and repeat it over and over again . Overbought and oversold can be used to filter out weak signals but then it only helps if you focus on just that . I think in longer time frames and entering a position trade might be the place to start using the DS like that . Ft uses a DS that is a single line so crossovers and the such are not emplyed and signals are divegent , price makes higher high dS and MACD make lower high and you have a signal .