Hidden nugget in the House's "health care for all Americans" bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DirkDigler, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Congress: It didn't take long to run into an "uh-oh" moment when reading the House's "health care for all Americans" bill. Right there on Page 16 is a provision making individual private medical insurance illegal.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=332548165656854

Health care "reform" just seems to go from bad to worse with every thing I learn about it...

3. "Drawn by a public option that will be 30% to 40% cheaper than their current premiums because taxpayers will be funding it, employers will gladly scrap their private plans and go with Washington's coverage."

30-40% cheaper -- will never happen, but would be nice. Most of the insurance coverage problem is $95 aspirin tablets in hospitals, $10,000 bills for very minor surgery, $1 million to keep alive a preemie born after 5 months, hugely expensive prescription meds that are only marginally better (like $10,000 annually for a drug that extends a cancer victim's life for 6 weeks.

We spend twice as much as other modern countries, because the charges for everything is so insane.

4. Hate Crime bills........illegal this , illegal that. Every day it is another piece of freedom shattered.

Makes one wonder if this is a stealth take-over.

5. Analytical minds don't wonder... obvious. :mad:

6. I wonder how much more in premiums our doctors are paying in malpractice insurance in order to protect themselves from our litigious society than other countries. They have to pass that buck on to the consumer otherwise they are out of business.

See if any of the lawyers running our government will do something to try to lower the number of suits being filed out there.

7. In Some specialties, the malpractice is so high...

Such as the actual practice of delivering babies. Many of these doctors only do pre and post birth practices and stay out of actual deliveries

8. Mercor

Mercor

I believe most Goverment employees are immune from lawsuits.
    I figure many Doctors will go out of privite practice and become Goverment employees.
    Would this protect them from malpractice? VA doctors are immune.

9. I don't believe they are anymore. Not 100% sure about that though.

10. Stealth take over was already completed while ago.All laws needed are in place.
    Now it is just pure shaft to the ass for the taxpayers.

#10     Jul 20, 2009