Hidden billionaires

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Jan 1, 2011.

1. I once knew a guy that controlled a billion dollars...and that was a long time ago.

But what I remember most about him...he was just one guy...where other billionaires needed an organization of people...Again he was just one guy...

I think that the measure of success becomes how efficient you become...

ElectricDropOutSavant

#31     Jan 30, 2011
  2. I doubt it...billionaires tend to spend their lives DOING things,not wasting time on the internet.

If you have a billion dollars, good chance you are not looking for tips on how to trade, or where elitetraders think the market is going. With a billion dollars YOU control where the market is going.

#32     Jan 30, 2011
  3. Poster/author 1:

I believe the world gold has more than 1 million tonnes. My ex company is a legal firm. I saw contracts for gold deals before. Last year my boss (a lawyer) drafted contracts for total of 480 000 metric tonnes gold.

My boss represented a seller, and the golds sold to 12 buyers around the world. So, the data from World Gold Council is totally wrong. The world has much more gold than 160 000 metric tonnes.

By common sense, we know the fact (world only has 160 000 MT gold) is wrong. if by size, 160 000 mt gold is only a cube with dimension 20 m x 20 m x 20 m.

Poster/author 2:

Oh, and his lawyer writing personally contracts on 480,000 tons of gold last year......... at a rate of $1,100 per ounce, that is $16,975,200,000,000... that's right, almost 17 trillion dollars Wow, one, humble ol lawyer, handling 20% more than the entire USA GDP last year, and no ones even heard of him, or the insane amount of effect that would have on world economy, but no one noticed?..... I want to say something soooo bad right now, but I'll probably get banned if I write it..... why do people even think that our IQ is so low to just accept things they write like this... what, is the author like 12?

#33     Feb 26, 2011
  4. Millionaire

Millionaire

Screw Kiyosaki, i recommend George Best

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

The older i get the more wisdom i see in that quote :p

Wealth accumulation, nice idea, but your kids or their grandkids are only going to piss it all away.. might as well do it yourself :)

#34     Feb 26, 2011
  5. Unless you serve this population every day, as my wife does, you are speaking from ignorance.

#35     Feb 26, 2011
  6. So 12 buyers paid approximately $17 Trillion which means each buyer paid average $1.5 Trillion. Who are these massive buyers?

#36     Feb 26, 2011
  7. Millionaire

Millionaire

Dont be so sure. There is a regular poster on trade2win who is a Billionaire.. but he didnt make it from trading, he made it from owning and running a bucket shop, fleecing traders!

#37     Mar 12, 2011
  8. Every forum has billionaire member or non-member (read only).

#38     Mar 12, 2011
  9. Not a single losing year over 8 years. Impressive if true.

#39     Mar 13, 2011
  10. Some 4 years back I had a discussion with a person who had invested $100,000 with a HYIP (1% to 2% per day). He earned 100% profit in 1 or 2 month and purchased a Lamboghini car with HYIP profits (not sure). This person knows 3 billionaires and one of the billionaire is his close friend. He had said "he could arrange $1 billion for investment". I was surprised to find this person in a HYIP forum. There is good possibility that some billionaires read HYIP forum.

There is good possibility that the billionaire who is member of trade2win is also a member of elitetrader.

#40     Mar 14, 2011