Hi, I'm a Tea-Partier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mxjones, Oct 29, 2010.

1. #41     Oct 31, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

In other words you have no argument.

#42     Oct 31, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, I keep explaining this to you and you keep brushing it off. So let me try this one more time. The democrats took over the house in 2006 and from 2007 to the present, they own every budget which includes the end of Bush's term and the beginning of Obama's.

Ron Paul started the tea party movement in dec of 2007 before Obama was President and before he even won the democratic primary. Now, I read your links stating that the tea party gained full steam after Obama became President but that simply is not true and let me explain.

I think most of us here would agree that the tea party movement has been given the most attention via Fox News. When Ron Paul started the movement Fox gave Ron Paul almost no media coverage. At the time Ron's Paul's opposition to the Iraq War was keeping him off the news both at Fox and the other cable networks.

So even though the Tea Party movement was very strong and very active in 2007 and 2008, the media largely ignored it. After the 2008 elections and the Iraq war was off the table and now the economic policies became front and center. At that point Fox News embraced the Tea Party movement and showed around the clock coverage of it as did the other networks albeit a little more slowly.

Unfortunately now, the Tea Party Movement is more of a populist movement now and with populist movements, you get a little bit of everything and the real message gets diluted. Currently the Tea Party movement is split in two. In one half you have the Ron Paul side which is anti-war and very libertarian. The other side is the Sarah Palin side which still supports aggressive foreign policy but limited government, not as libertarian.

When you look at all the conservative straw polls at various conventions you usually see Paul and Palin come in first and second in various order indicating this divide. This racism bullshit is getting really tired.

Now if anyone of you want to refute this post, please bring facts to the table and not opinions and don't give me this "well, you may be right but we all really know what the tea party stands for" bullshit.

#43     Oct 31, 2010
  4. wjk

wjk

The Tea Party has served at least one excellent purpose. They have shown how power hungry some on the right are.

Exhibit A: Charlie Crist

Exhibit B: Lisa Murkowski

The actions of these two after primary defeats demonstrate beautifully their similarity to the politicians of the left and their constant lust for power. It proves that in some instances, there is no difference between the parties.

I believe that when there is such lust for power there will be a wish to control as many aspects of the lives of the general populace as the populace will tolerate, if for no other reason than for those with that power to retain it.

The Tea Party is a response to that tolerance being reached, primarily because it is the usual domain of the left to wish to control all aspects of our lives and they have had the power for 4 years, two years of which has been unchecked. However, it is good to know who the same types are on the right. They must be removed from power just as those on the left who aspire to such power must be. Politicians who lie about who they are to get elected must not be re-elected as the lie proves their lust for power, and if the Tea Party can achieve that by exposing them and supporting candidates to run against them, more power to them.

It’s not a surprise to see the left fear the legitimate Tea Party, but it’s interesting to see who fears them from the right. It is also interesting to see that those on the right who love power the most are often the ones who have no trouble coming to the left’s way of thinking and “reaching across the isle”, and in the case of Crist, actually seeking help from the left to regain his lost power.

If politicians from both parties continue on their current path, the Tea Party will only grow larger.

#44     Oct 31, 2010
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Vote: It's The Greek Thing To Do

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Fa9gyMmIFE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Fa9gyMmIFE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:) :) :)

#46     Nov 1, 2010
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Go, Tea Party!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPZB54GHFZ0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPZB54GHFZ0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

:D

#47     Nov 1, 2010
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

first thing you have ever posted that i am inclined to agree with. although denninger is a very angry person, much of what he says is correct. the tea party DID start with one "manifesto" if you will, and then migrated to another. the reasoning is because had it stayed with just the economic message its founders created, it never would have attracted the main stream following it has.

all political movements need the mob. the tea party is now in dangerous territory - the territory where it has gained incredible power in almost no time (politically speaking) and as a result it has begun to become corrupt. still, it is the best thing we have right now to counter the ultra-stupidity by the current administration and worthless democrat controlled congress/senate.

if republicans who have supported or run under the tea party endorsement do not remember that they are there because of the movement, and revert back towards typical GOP behavior, one of two things will happen: either the tea party will become fully corrupted and simply remain as a right wing ultra-conservative group, or it will fraction/splinter into it's own party.

but make no mistake. if the anger coming from the general public is not satiated/addressed, this could turn very ugly and follow with a violent movement. this is not a good thing (despite my sarcastic commentary on other threads saying things like "bring it on!") and we should not look lightly at the possibility.

#48     Nov 1, 2010