Hi - First Post - Algo Trading the CL

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Algo_Design_Kid, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Thanks for taking your time here, looks like to be a pro you have to really do the research on this thing.

I use Sierra Charts automated spreadsheet system - not sure if you have seen that or not - basically i come up with formulas all based on the same prop. design that I made up a while ago. It deals with a few things - mostly rate of change and angle correlation to an adaptive ema and 2 exponential ema's - I have a few variances of course

#11     Nov 11, 2009
  2. I use ACD system as my main tool trading Oil, and so far has work great, I've been doing it for 2 years in a half, I support my entries on fundamentals first, and look for the A up or A down base on my beliefs for the day, but I didn't it know I could use for spreads, would like to know you could inform more about it thanks.

#12     Mar 11, 2010
  3. ACD I meant for outrights. I don't think off hand it should work for spreads. However it just might, seeing that intermonth spreads seem to trend pretty well most of the time. I'd be concerned about time frame and do a lot of back testing.

#13     Mar 11, 2010
  4. Thanks.
    Now I have question, that might be a little of the topic, but since you mention spreads, I am trying to get into spreads, do you know a "cheap" or reasonable price platform, that will show charts of spreads, as X_Trader spread does?.......thanks.

#14     Mar 11, 2010