Hi, ET. I´m a beginner and need some advice.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ShinySox, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ShinySox

ShinySox

And one more question. How do I use math in stocktrading?

#11     Sep 30, 2011
  2. Lornz

Lornz

A fellow Norwegian, eh?

What markets are you trading? Stocks or futures?

By the way, are you attending BI or NHH?

Feel free to PM me...

#12     Sep 30, 2011
  3. Are you EMG?

#13     Sep 30, 2011
  4. joneog

joneog

Trade smaller and accept the losses. It ain't easy, no one is going to give you the magic beans. You're better off just watching the market - taking the losses if you're in - until you get a feel for it. You have to find the strategies and triggers yourself.

#14     Sep 30, 2011

5. No but I share his view on small traders. They lose. They just lose. But I know one small trader guy who trades in bed and he win, just win. His trick is being in bed he can relax and wait for the moment not force trades.

#15     Sep 30, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

#16     Sep 30, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

then why you are here since 2006?

#17     Sep 30, 2011
  8. jokepie

jokepie

give ur self a screen time of 3-4 yrs..read all you can - books : articles.

understand the macro economic cycles and relations to makets and stock valuations.
    study behavioural finance and get urself away from trading real money at once.

Oh yes - get a mentor now. Loook for them and if you are honest and persistent about it - you will find one. They can help point out the mistakes you are going to make. It does not mean that you won't make them - YOU WILL. But atleas it will cost you less frustration and money.

And yes - its not day trading > swing > position; the progress must be in the opposite. Day trading is the toughest (requires - multitude of skills).

If you cannot answer the following question properly - do not trade real money.
    Q: What is trading and how can some one make money from it.
    A: You will know it , whn you will find out.

Guru

#18     Sep 30, 2011

9. You got me. I am the small trader that will survive to become bigger...Bwaaaaaaaaa! Also I need to trade, it's a substitute for video games which I must to do once in a while.

#19     Sep 30, 2011
  10. Bob111

Bob111

that's cool..as long as posters are honest(assuming you are)-i have no problem with their goals\expectations from ET

#20     Sep 30, 2011