Hi boys

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BlondChick, Mar 10, 2006.

1. It is clear that the stock is in a downtrend. Unless you know some mysterious reasons why this stock would rebound in the future, stocks tends to move in trends. Stocks are just like physics F = ma, once it has an inertia to go, it goes. I hope you did not go in big on that.

#21     Mar 10, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

Think about it this way: if you had this money today, would you buy UTSI or you'd better play another stock, long or short? Without having some insider information on UTSI, I doubt that you couldn't find a better investment.

#22     Mar 10, 2006
  3. I am very serious. Like I said. I bought it at $8 and now it is at $6. I lost a lot of money and was wondering if any of you boys with your experience can help me analyze this stock. That's all. Why is everyone get all nasty on me. What's the big deal? Either you can give input or you can not.

Seems like there's no way of getting a decent response from this forum. Oh well...

#23     Mar 11, 2006
  4. Of all the experience you boys have in trading you can't even give a girl a decent response to a simple question. What is the point of this forum? Is it to help each other out or to have imature boys to talk trash to one another?

#24     Mar 11, 2006
  5. I haven't seen a stock that bad for a while. I'd sell and short at
    7.25. You could short it here, but set your stop at 7.25. Note this is assuming you are holding positions overnite, not daytrading.
    Does look like there is a serious short squeeze on this stock, lest their be some funnymentals missing. It looks like it bleeds money.

#25     Mar 11, 2006
  6. omniscient

omniscient Guest

the analysis of the stock is irrelevant. if your trade was a planned trade, either:

1. your plan says you have no reason to exit or
    2. your plan says you have no reason to stay

execute. otherwise, you are asking people to 'imagine' they are you and speculate what they would do in your situation.

personally, i wouldn't have held it long for six months and suffered through such a heavy drawdown. one of the worst things, imo, that could happen now is that you hold on to it, it rebounds, and you exit at b/e or, worse, with a profit. IF i was still in it, i would bail. i don't see any reason to keep (eroding) capital tied up in this trade when other opportunities present themselves on a daily basis.

take care :)

omni

BTW: given the vague circumstances, i think 'boys' here at ET were, for the most part, helpful. in fact, you said you would need a visual and one of the first responses included a chart.

#26     Mar 11, 2006
  7. Several individuals contributed helpful responses. Bitstream even posted a chart of UTSI - clearly in a sustained downtrend. In addition, a number of free web sites exist which provide Fundamental Analysis just a few clicks away through the Google search engine. Instead of availing yourself of these educational opportunities, you lament the lack of assistance this forum provides. Mysteriously, you decry the lack of aid from anonymous posters regarding a situation, which quite frankly, makes little sense. Why would anyone find themselves in such a position with respect to this equity? One can easily locate the answer in your initial post. Your inquiry gives the impression that you have / had no trading plan. If you did have a plan when you purchased the equity in question, it remains quite obvious that you did not follow that plan.

Rather than wait around for others to complete your homework, doesn't it make more sense to either take the advice given (sell now) or head over to ANY financial web site and research the company yourself in order to make your own informed decision?

Plenty of hopeful traders arrive at this web site seeking knowledge and expertise. Many, more experienced traders, willing provide helpful responses on a daily basis to a wide variety of questions. However, this group of new traders often exhibit one glaring characteristic different from you. They seem willing (and eager) to dive right in and perform the required effort to achieve success. Your responses to this thread do not provide me with an equivalent impression. It's one thing to ignore good advice. It is quite another thing to claim good advice was never provided.

Good trading to you.

- Spydertrader

#27     Mar 11, 2006
  8. omniscient

omniscient Guest

if that's the case, it looks like you bought it right before it gapped down in October. so even though you held it when it traded 5s, you question holding it now in the 6s? i'm just surprised you didn't bail at b/e or a profit when you had a chance.

anyway, as the others have written, i hope you have not taken a substantial loss on this trade.

take care :)

omni

#28     Mar 11, 2006
  9. bitrend

bitrend

Ok it's my fault. Sorry for that. We should not joke at this time while you are absorbing the pain with this unfortunate stock.

Let reason this way, why we are seeking fundamental or technical analysis? Because we want something to support or justify our holding. If we are trying to seek the fundamental or technical we always end up by finding the reason(s) to support our holding. It's impossible that we don't find any reason to support our holding since if we don't find any reason then the stock should be worthless and nobody will hold it. In other words, the stock still has the support but that support is far less than its gravity. Then we can foresee, if there's no major conditions change, the stock will decline further.

Most of us recommended you to get out because we don't want to see you having this painful holding for long time, you had already for 6 months and it's enough, we understand that nightmare.

#29     Mar 11, 2006
  10. In the end, this is probably the best said statement on here.

#30     Mar 11, 2006