Hi all from Italy...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by rsimoni, Aug 20, 2018.

1. rsimoni

rsimoni

Hi all, I'm Roberto from north of Italy.
    I found this forum reading the book "Algorithmic Trading" by Ernest P. Chan
    I enjoyed a lot in these days all the posts I read... this is a very great resource.
    I'll continue to read and someday to be useful to this community.
    Cheers
    R

vanzandt, CSEtrader, bookish and 3 others like this.
  2. cafeole

cafeole

Welcome rsimoni. I have also read Chan's books. They are very good. However, since I don't have MATLAB, I found it hard to translate to other programming languages.

rsimoni likes this.
  3. rsimoni

rsimoni

Hi @cafeole, yes I had the same difficulties. I started to read that book 'cause I was trying to learn something about algotrading... but I like technical analysis more... even if I'm a noob in trading :)

4. cafeole

cafeole

That is what I did. Being from an engineering background I found I liked the idea of algotrading. But I could NEVER turn my account completely over to a computer. I trade price action exclusively now.

rsimoni likes this.
  5. rsimoni

rsimoni

Oh interesting @cafeole. May I ask you where did you learn it? Al Brooks books?
    Cheers

6. cafeole

cafeole

Started with "Understanding Price Action" by Bob Volman. Very good book. I then bought "Trading Price Action Trends" by Al Brooks but found it hard to read. I purchased his online Price Action Trading course where he uses videos and charts to explain price action. It is much better than his books.

I find you have to watch the intraday action a LOT to get the hang of it, but I think it is worth it.

rsimoni likes this.
  7. cafeole

cafeole

BTW, just looked up your location. Looks like a beautiful place!

8. rsimoni

rsimoni

Ah ok, thanks for confirming the value of those books. I had in my list. Thanks again.
    I cannot do daytrading 'cause I'm working during the day.
    At the moment I'm trying to do something like swing trading.

9. rsimoni

rsimoni

Yes thanks. I live near Como. I have never been in USA... one day I have to.

10. cafeole

cafeole

According to Al Brooks and others, price action is good for all timeframes.

#10     Aug 20, 2018
    rsimoni likes this.