hhi.hk and hsi...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by scriabinop23, Dec 20, 2006.

1. #21     Jan 2, 2007
  2. ">>huh? u cant trade asian minis in usa? whats that about? u can only trade pit contracts?? "

the full sized are NOT necessarily pit contracts

don't get full sized confused with pit contracts. they are not necessarily the same thing.

#22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. *edited* HSI -- I just pulled it up for kicks, watched it drop 80 points with 2 prints in between. This is normal?

(make that 130 points with 4??)

#23     Jan 11, 2007
  4. Its not "normal" but big moves with little between them are not unexpected.

#24     Jan 11, 2007
  5. It's being offered 70 pts below the low print of the evening, scary stuff.

I'm guessing IB (or us citizens) doesn't have access to the main exchange where this trades?

#25     Jan 11, 2007
  6. Its not really scary unless you are compelled to:
    1. Trade when the everything isn't feeling right.
    2. Go against potentially strong breakout moves.

It also conforms to technical rules (but u have to work them out). U can trade it. Interactive brokers rules of course. Data from the HK exchange is free.

It really is quite a nice index to trade ... much better trends than the ES and if you're cunning (and some are) you can build quite a bit of size. Later today I'll drop some a link to intraday files for HSI going back to mid 2004 (txt, exported IB files from Sierra Chart).

#26     Jan 11, 2007
  7. And I thought ZI was bad. I guess I'm just not used to the tick/movement, but I would think it would be hard to trade if the charts don't even tell you where the true high/low is -- I guess that's what the cash index is for.

Don't worry, I ain't planning on making these late night sessions a regular thing (just waiting to see what happens when/if jpy taps 120). Come to think of it I still have the 7 HKD I made a few years ago lying about somewhere.

#27     Jan 11, 2007
  8. Thats the move down on a 21 tick chart (background is 3 minute bars) using Sierra Chart and IB data.

• hsi.png
      File size:
      55.1 KB
      Views:
    #28     Jan 11, 2007
  9. Ummm I must be looking at a different contract? It's late so forgive me, this is what I get from IB chart.

• hsi.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
    #29     Jan 11, 2007
  10. hsi jan07 is what you want.
    very liquid. many thousands of contracts per day. you must be trading the later month.

#30     Jan 11, 2007