HFT vs Small Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emg, May 4, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Bob, aren't low volume stocks supposed to be HFT free ? If you find high volume stocks more profitable, aren't you using HFT beneficially ? ??

#41     May 6, 2011
  2. emg

emg

Small traders use stop order to day trade. Most HFTs are stop hunters. Of course, small traders need to use stop because they are under capitalized. Which another reason why more than 90% of small traders lose. They don't have capital.

I am overdue to start a thread on why should not be placing stop and what capital should be used. Coming soon

#42     May 6, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i don't now,how hard for many to understand simple stat fact: easy to predict where the price is going to go=hard to get filled. no problem with fill=much harder to predict further price movement.
    i would rather pick up dollar here and there all day long,than sit and scratch my head about SP futures next price movement..those movements are typically small and require big ass margin=big ass risk of complete without..get it? have you seen the broker statement i post? can you make same steady 100% return without ANY fucking draw down trading SP500 futures?
    looks like no more questions about impact of HFT on retail trader? the bogeyman is real and will be around...quote stuffing..is another one..what is the practical purpose of placing and canceling 20000 orders per second? can i do this? fuck no..my broker will kick me out in very same day..

#43     May 6, 2011
  4. With HFT, SEC has legalized Front Running & Insider Trading.

#44     May 6, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

another reason why i'm not trading you damn futures is that this particular system is market neutral and aimed to maintain neutrality trough the day. i trade what i like,the way i like. and i still remember 9/11

#45     May 6, 2011
  6. emg

emg

if trading is easy, can u explain why more than 90% of small traders lose in a 'Specutacular Fashion?"

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/03/business/la-fi-amateur-currency-trading-20110403

Tell that to the small traders. Not me.

#46     May 6, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

are retarded or what? where did i said that trading is easy? where did you see,that i fit into your definition of small trader? i use to be like them,but i did spend a LOT of time to educate myself..and i'm not talking about days..i'm talking about YEARS of education and market observations..1 year in computer class alone,studying programming..
    once again damit..it's possible,but you right-not on the level you describe. one have to evolve,in order to became successful in trading. this (once again) applies to ANY fucking field,not only trading.
    my friend is in HVAC business. great profit margins. can anyone do this without specific background in the field? fuck no..why? cause you don't know shit about shit about it. that would be your 90% of general population,who maybe don't mind to have an extra income installing AC,but they CAN"T DO THAT. you must learn and have passion for it,if you want to be successful. how fucking hard to understand this simple fact?

i don't have to tell anything to anyone..they lose-i win..SEC is retarded,by implementing PDT rules and all that shit..the more wanna be "traders" on market=more profits for "pros" or experienced traders..

i said this long time ago about forex-too many variables,factors,too much leverage..same shit i've been mention many times in prev. posts..it doen't mean that one can't make money on forex..there is a nice steady downtrend in dollar..for example..take your own 100K and place you bet either way..on daily time frame..not fucking tick charts..and without any margin. it should take you a while,before you will blew them up..

#47     May 6, 2011
  8. emg

emg

the reason why u don't have to tell anything to anyone because you are part of the 90% losers. Reread your posts.

Good luck on your trading

Im out

#48     May 6, 2011
  9. Bob111

Bob111

dude..for one more time-have you seen that statement of one of my accounts? the one i posted here long time ago and keep refering to? just say yes or no. 100% in less than 10 months in daytrading and i'm in 90% of the losers? i'm having a hard time understand your logic pal..

#49     May 6, 2011
  10. Bob111

Bob111

here..i attached it for you..i know your next step-you gonna say same shit like everybody else did before you-it's impossible, it's altered,photo shopped, i would accept only audited statement....yeah yeah yeah..

tell you more,if you not convinced...there is an article about me in WJS in 2005 or 06, i don't remember...about how one guy,who use to work in a garage now trading stocks from his home..using guess what? his own home made software..yes,what they now call algo trading..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ea7Zas1qMc&feature=related

Toodooloo mother fucker :p

#50     May 6, 2011