HFT Killing Retail Traders in ES Futures - NY Times Today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ashantt, Dec 4, 2012.

1. I used to love playing chess. I started as a wood-pusher playing against my dad who taught me to play. In university first year I began playing at "international house" with some of the country's best. They were patient and taught me a lot and I studied on my own. Playing the best and a drive to beat them made me much much better.

One day I may write a book on the similarities of playing above master level chess and trading. There are many comparisons.

One of the saddest days in my life was in first year university when I was playing my dad who tried over and over (at least 20 games) to beat me like he often used to do (to cut me down a peg).

I knew he would never beat me again (barring a blunder on my part) since I could now judge relative strength and I thought at a much deeper positional level now. Very very sad and I still feel a bit guilty that I should have let him win a game. Pride is a bad thing.

#71     Dec 9, 2012
  2. emg

emg

HFTs are blowing small traders away right now!

Blow em away!!

#72     Dec 11, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

s**t bro..you are seriously committed to this nonsense..
    what's good out there for you?(assuming that it's true and HFT's are "blowing them away")?
    looks like you not trading at all.why you doing this?

sounds like you seriously obsessed with this stuff. you sounds like a guy,who likes to watch. you know..BSDM and shit...that's sick,if you ask me

is this guy on right related to you? cause he sounds like you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchwE9zVdnw

Blow em away!!Blow em away!!Blow em away!!Blow em away!!

#73     Dec 11, 2012
  4. limau2

limau2

Let the robot owners thinks they win...
    programmers are not real traders..
    they will feed my account...my account biggger everyday.

#74     Dec 13, 2012