HFT/Algo end in sight?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by newtricks, Aug 15, 2011.

1. this is a thread with the most stupid things written ever

you guys know nothing

if you think that hft makes u unprofitable, think again

without hft you guys can think about stops 3x bigger and a market that that is more jumpy than ever

so what, pulling orders from the book ? who cares, if you can't read the order book correctly stay away from it

#41     Nov 3, 2011
  2. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

I would be cautious of being so scathing when your comment on stop size increase without HFT's influence is utter rubbish, as is the comment on volatility.

#42     Nov 3, 2011
  3. #43     Nov 4, 2011
  4. That article from the IB guy has 3 contradicting statements.

Sure it's harder for market makers to make money, markets change, get used to it.

I want HFT to STAY. Simple as that. Period.

#44     Nov 5, 2011
  5. Yeah that's right.

The IB guy who happens to be a multi billionaire who foresaw electronic trading and managed to build a giant, maybe the biggest retail firm in the business is wrong.

FYI - HFT is on it's way out, maybe not in the next few months but that situation has peaked, for yourself I feel it's a case of adapt or die.

#45     Nov 7, 2011
  6. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

some HFT will still be viable, such as trading on market latency (like if you have a faster connection over the Atlantic and can get ahead on price movements, or if you find an ETF that trails the ES or an ETF that is ahead of the ES...)

#46     Nov 7, 2011
  7. #47     Nov 9, 2011
  8. #48     Nov 10, 2011
  9. #50     Nov 14, 2011