HFT/Algo end in sight?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by newtricks, Aug 15, 2011.

1. I would guess the volume in eurex bonds is less,index futures maybe more

#21     Sep 26, 2011
  2. That's bad luck then.

#22     Sep 26, 2011
  3. emg

emg

HFT is the new era of trading. Don't u think it is time to go back to school and get a math and computer science degrees?

#23     Oct 11, 2011
  4. Take a step back from HFT'ers and you can compete in the mkts just fine. If you are trying to scalp and compete that way, fuggetaboutit :D

#24     Oct 11, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

6. #26     Oct 14, 2011
  7. So do I. As long as they are able to keep it honest and within the trading limits set by the exchanges, it should stay.
    HFT increases liquidity....and that's a good thing.
    Also, it gives outsourced American programmers something to do !

#27     Oct 15, 2011
  8. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...wants-law-change-to-target-rogue-bankers.html

Aimed at the HFT/Algo cheats as well as the usual I'm thinking.

I'm wondering if faced with some porridge they will still think that quote stuffing/flipping/entering & pulling hundreds of thousands of lots yet never completing an order and the rest of the shitty techniques they employ will be worth it.

I think not as they are cowards at heart.

The end of these scumbags is really now upon us.

#28     Oct 16, 2011
  9. jd7419

jd7419

Wish you were right, but imo not a chance. I think the end of all non hft traders is upon us. The most interesting time, the point of no return will be when only hft shops are left. What will they do when they kill off every last piece of prey from these markets?

#29     Oct 16, 2011
  10. In a primitive way, I can agree with this. It seems that the only people that make money in trading are the people on the inside or in the infrastructure. Greed has destroyed capitalism.

ES

#30     Oct 16, 2011