HFs are trying to buy Mt.Gox creditor claims

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

2. JackRab

JackRab

Interesting.. I wonder whether the claims will be paid out in BTC?

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

If you had $10K to invest for your mum for two years.... would you buy gold, silver, oil, or bitcoins?

4. JackRab

JackRab

I would buy 20 young steers or heifers and grow them fat for beef, sell them 1 year later at 60-100% profit and redo the proces with 30-40...

You'll need about 30-50 acres for that though...

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

That wasn't one of the options you kangaroo.

Shawnovision likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

I'd buy bitcoins.
    But cattle does seem cool. Never thought of that.
    You sure you can make that much money off of them?
    Where's Handle123... I think he did that gig.
    I have always heard there's no money in it.

7. JackRab

JackRab

I'd like to think outside of the box ;)

8. JackRab

JackRab

Hmm, yeah.. but you need land... and then it depends on how expensive that land is and how much pasture you can get on there for feed. If you need to feed extra, it will get costly.

I should be able to get heifers/steers for about 600 AUD a head and sell when fed up for about double that... depending on normal swings in cattle prices.

I've got a few acres with sheep now, but switching to a few heads of cattle since sheep are bloody difficult IMO. I've had multiple dog attacks, snake bites... etc etc...
    Not really to make a living, but more to get something extra. The land doesn't do anything without livestock on it....

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I would by the Mt Gox claims. The Madoff investors also sold it quickly like 20 cents on the dollar and eventually I think 60+ cents were recovered. that is a nifty 200% profit for the HFs...

Karpeles did say something about a "currently unaccessable" bitcoin wallet. If he wasn't just lying there might be a good chance for a redemption...

JackRab likes this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Apparently, "the assets of MtGox now exceed the level of creditor debt which has been officially recognised. This means that the proceeds from the sale of our remaining 200k bitcoins (now worth $500m) will be split and anything over a certain amount will by default go to the shareholders of MtGox, mainly Mark Karpeles."

So the debt buyers are making out like bandits...

#10     Jul 16, 2017