HF Blowups - Long energy

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by erlewine, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Several rumors floating around today of forced liquidation in energy from large hedge/trend funds, anyone know who the players are?

2. mr888

mr888

Wouldn't see any other explanation for today's steep fall, considering all news is bullish.

3. Paulson/Bernanke / SEC have whiped out the belt in the back doors!

:D :D

4. Hearing rumors that Boone and Citadel are two getting hurt.

5. It's not Citadel.

6. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Citadel is bleeding....

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I doubt they are a bagholder, with all of those Houston energy traders on staff and all. :D

8. bone

bone

I don't know of a financially-cleared player in the forward term markets that hasn't gotten caught up in the turbulence. I've seen heat rates gap up and gap down crazy in both ERCOT and PJM. The market is seriously co-integrated now with gas. Really - you can't get a market for shit in Sept 08, but the cal 10 strip is 3 tics up. I've given up on heat rates for now until hurricane season winds down.

9. I agree completely with the heatrates all over the place, but what do you mean about not being able to get a market in Sep '08?

Has it not been mingled with gas all along too? I see the bids/offers flicker on the screen on the monthlies that are derived from nat gas.

Ercot... 4k a MW prices.... just makes me laugh...and i'm in houston! :)

#10     Aug 6, 2008