Hezbollah is still

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sulong, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Holmes

Holmes

You may find yourself mistaken. Next time Israel does not need to take "precaution" to avoid hurting the "innocent population".

If the whole of the Lebanon population supports aggression against Israel then it is a lot easier to level the country and drop some serious shit instead.

Holmes over and out.

#41     Aug 21, 2006
  2. Holmes

Holmes

This was the same attitude as the British had pre WW II.

I thought they already came knocking in NY. Was that not a few years ago?

I do not think that it has been solved either seeing the recent happenings in the UK, or is that not close enough for your shore either?

And then the bomb plot in the Philippines some years ago, also targetting something like 7 US flights, was that not close enough either?

It is not a Non-American dispute, this is a GLOBAL problem with nutcases who want to go back to the middle ages.

And do not forget whwre the oil for your SUV's comes from, or don't you give a fuck either of not having any oil?

Holmes

#42     Aug 21, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Sorry Holmes but if you can prove Hezbollah is the culprit in any of these instances I'd agree. Hezbollah is NOT al queda.

Agree, Islam sucks. Are you prepared to fight a genocidal war? Ever notice that the terrorists targeting the West are NEVER Syrian or Iranian? Ever notice they're almost always Sunni (wahabis) instead of Shia? Each dispute must be judged individually not us vs. them.

As far as Britain in WWll, who cares? Hitler didn't bomb London until the Brits were attacking German ships. Hitler was an anglophobe who agonized over fighting the British.

#43     Aug 21, 2006
  4. First off, yes I am British, hence why I am in command of my language, unlike you. It's too bad, not two bad.

I cannot be bothered to read your heresay articles with regards to secret meetings. I'm looking at the current situation, one that they are not regarded (in their entirety), by my government, as terrorists. They are not called terrorist at all, by most other European countries. That is enough for me, I don't care what your government thinks.

I do have a problem with al qaeda(absolute scum, should be tortured every one of them), but not with some Lebanese fighters fighting off an Israel which it took 20 years to get remove from its terrority during a previous invasion. Why they hell should my taxes be diverted to a country which will happily fight for extra land? Their problem not mine. If you think it isn't an issue of land/water, then you need to read more.

Too bad you can't spell, or research the points I've stated, eh?

#44     Aug 21, 2006
  5. What, and then up for war crimes?

Israel wasn't very discretionary this time round anyway. Fortunately Israel's leaders are a lot more clued up than trigger happy boys infront of pcs. They have some value for human life, and understand they can't simply kill every Lebanese person off. And that it will only exasperate their situation.

#45     Aug 21, 2006
  6. On March 10, 2005, the EU Parliament voted overwhelmingly to adopt a resolution that affirmed Hezbollah’s involvement in terrorist activities and ordered the EU Council to “take all necessary steps to curtail” Hezbollah.

It's "why the hell", not "why they hell" if you want to be anal about spelling. In your previous post about facts your "facts " were all wrong - conspiracy theories would be a better term. In your next post about spelling you misspelled.

#46     Aug 21, 2006
  7. Let's get something perfectly straight, Doofus...

I do NOT support Hezzie OR any terrorists.

I support the USA's stance in all its efforts against terrorism in all forms: Including yours by your posting terroristic messages against ET members like Sulong and me and Z and Iconoclast.

In essense, you are a posting suicide bomber.

Bombing posts, you know. ;-)

I'm off this thread. It sucks, thanks to Doofus.

dd

#47     Aug 21, 2006
  8. If you want to be pedantic, then yes, but that is a result of touch typing. Two being mistaken for too is not the same thing, it's not even actually a spelling error, but a grammatical one.

In respect of EU council, when it is finally ready to accept them as a terrorist organisation, then the official lists will represent that. At present it doesn't, hence why I am right and you are wrong.

Further, it is possible to make one's mind up without having to be influenced by an external source. I don't think they are a terrorist organisation, they have not carried out any terrorist activities. Fighting Israel is not a terrorist act.

With regards to my "facts", I assume you are saying they are all wrong. I think you need to educate yourself a lot more:

Fact: Israel has committed terrorist acts against British and American interests in the past to gain support from both these countries and to distort truth in their favour.

Lavon affair. USS Liberty. Stern Gang. Yitzhak Shamir.
    Use google, it is your friend.

Fact: Israel is not blameless in its wars with Syria which culminated in the 1967 war.

Read Dayans version of events. Read how the tensions escalated with water from the rivers being redirected.

Fact: Israel fought to ensure water from Syria and Jordan were redirected to their growing settlements.

see above

Fact: A lot of Americans know jack shit about the ME, talk irrationally from their proverbial backsides, and think every MEer wants to take away his life, for no other reason than he is an American. Think about how freaking stupid that is, and you'll see why some of us Brits dont view you as "worldly".

I think your post proves my point.

Fact: It ain't so just because your gov'ment or mine says so.

like I said before, one must think for oneself. Essence of trading, taking responsibilities for ones actions. Are you a good trader?

Fact: 3 countries in the entire world think hizbollah are terrorists. 190 think not. Concensus, they are not terrorists.

Made my point already. Again, if you don't believe me, google is your friend.

Fact: The governments in both the USA and the UK are the biggest threat to all our freedoms. Blair says:"the muslims are opposed to our way of life and our freedoms". No shithead, YOU are!

We have ID cards, Terrorism Act and a whole load more laws restricting us from various activities and ways of spending our money. Laws which are not needed, and which the IRA couldn't invoke. Wonder why? They were more potent than this lot. You have the Patriot Act, among other things.

Fact: The 911 atrocity was condemned by the majority of the muslim countries, including hizbollah. But that does not suit yours or my countries propoganda machines, so its not reported.

This is easily verified. Google it. They condemned this act, and indeed any killing of any American civilians.

Fact: The 911 atrocity was also investigated completely, useful as the "required" precursor to kick off events that were needed to secure oil.

From what I've read, this was not investigated properly, and a lot of things didn't add up to me. If you can prove it was investigated fully and properly please rebutt this. This is what was presented to me from various media sources. If you know otherwise please state so. If was a useful precursor, and from US papers printed in UK press, the US has long wanted to change the world's political landscape.

Fact: Mossad agents were arrested at the time of the 911 atrocity, apparently seen watching with binoculars and cheering at the time of impact. A Mossad operation was uncovered and later closed down after the event.

This is undisputed by the US government, why you dispute it, is unclear. Again, may I present you to google.

Fact: Most people just want to live in peace, but unfortunately it is not in the interest of governments not to have a bogey man out there, if it were the muso's, it'd be some other big bad enemy. Whilst of course enemies will exist, none of them are on a grand enough scale to justify such blatant removal of freedoms as the ID card, such as the practical outlawing of cash, such as proposed black boxes in everyones cars. Where will it end, when we are chipped, and are awarded "credits" to our "accounts" on the national register?

Governments acting in this way curtailing out freedoms proves they benefit from these scary people. I still believe most people want to live in peace, if you refute that, it says more about you psychologically than anything else.

Oh and I nearly forgot, however you call it, hizbollah handed Israel their ass in combat, even the Israeli soldiers were surprised and commented on how effective they were. The myth of the infallible Israeli army has been reversed.

Yes, they handed them their asses. It's clear they were more capable on the ground, hence why Israel's most elite force was beaten back in Bint jbeil, despite blanket bombing the place for 48 hours. They were received by a hizbollah force braver, stronger and more tactically capable than they, hence why they exited the town with more injuries and fatalities than they had incurred over the last 10 years (the elite regiment). Do you think that on the ground, hizbollah vs IDF, that IDF won? Seriously?

#48     Aug 21, 2006
  9. Two being mistaken for too is not the same thing, it's not even actually a spelling error, but a grammatical one.
    LOL, You made a typo while lecturing someone else about typos, your attempts to explain it away and claim that your typo is 'better' than my typo are pathetic. Never mind that I've made 3000 posts on this message board alone and I usually don't confuse two, to and too. Everyone makes typos on blogs and message boards but only anal assholes make a stink about it.

In respect of EU council, when it is finally ready to accept them as a terrorist organisation, then the official lists will represent that. At present it doesn't, hence why I am right and you are wrong.
    On March 10th 2005 the EU parliament voted 473 to 8 to adopt a resolution confirming Hezbollah’s involvement in terrorist activities. Of course it requires a unanimous decision of all 25 members of the EU to put Hezbollah on the official EU terrorist list so even if one country (France?) votes against it they are off the hook. That's certainly very convenient for intellectually dishonest people like you, you can always claim that even though 98% of the EU parlament and 22 out of 25 EU countries believe Hezbollah is a terrorist organization - officially they are not. Then again Hezbollah is on the terrorist list of your very own british government so if you needed a truly official proof you got it a long time ago.

Did I mention that your 'facts' are actually not facts but conspiracy theories? Oh yeah, I did.

#49     Aug 21, 2006
  10. I personally consider Hezbollah a terrorists organizations regardless of wht my country, your contry, or and eropena county thinks.

However for the sake of argument lets agree with your statement that they are not and Israel is a legitamate military target and is fair game to Hexbollah to attack. By attacking, Hezbollah has essentially declared war on Israel. I have no problem with this. If they want war then so be it. Who am I to tell them they cannot have war.

However since they are not a state or a country, who should Israel declare war on in return. Essentially who should they defend themselves against. The country of Lebanan, Syria and Iran who are Hezbollahs prime backers, or a terrorist organization that is operating in a host country.

This poses a interesting question. If an organization, who acts of its own accord from within the boundries of one country and declares war on another neighboring country, do they:

A) Have free reign to do what they want since a formal declaration of war is between two countries.

B) Get treated as a country and as such, the host country accepts all of the associated destruction that comes with war.

C) Get labeled a terrorists organization and get eradicated from the host country through resources provided by the host country as well as external countries.

I am interested to get your take on this.

I would say that Lebanon has a great oppotunity to rid themselves of the baggage that comes with having Hezbollah in their yard. However I do not belieive the the Lebanese have it in them to tell Hezbollah to start packing and back it up. The Un is supposedely going to help but my impression of the UN is that they have neither the desire or ability to take the actions necessary to forcibly remove Hezbollah. So basically this whole thing will repeat itself, just like it has for thousands of years.

#50     Aug 22, 2006