Hezbollah is still

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sulong, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Wow man,
    doodoo is as much of a freak as hapaboy.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out they were both inmates at a fed. Prison for going “postal” at some place of worship or other.

[[Shaking head in disbelief]] :confused:

#21     Aug 19, 2006
  2. China makes money selling arms that end up in the hands of terrorists.

Doh!

Oil is down since the cease fire.

Doh!

No cease fire, oil goes back up.

Doh!

Bush is an idiot.

Doh!

#22     Aug 20, 2006
  3. China makes money selling arms that end up in the hands of terrorists.
    So if they are making money they are not idiots. But when bush is making money he still is.

Oil did not go up during the war.

Bush is an idiot.
    Even though he together with his buddies are making a lot of money. But China making money is smart. Hmm, you're very consistent, aren't you?

#23     Aug 20, 2006
  4. Wow man, doodoo is as much of a freak as hapaboy.
    I support a liberal democracy in the middle east fighting for its very survival. You are rooting for a fanatical religious muslim terrorist anti-american, anti-western, antisemitic organization bent on destroying a neighboring state. Who is a freak?

#24     Aug 20, 2006
  5. China makes money selling arms that end up in the hands of terrorists.
    So if they are making money they are not idiots. But when bush is making money he still is.
    Bush is an idiot, it has nothing to do with money.

Oil did not go up during the war.

Yes, it did, and since the cease fire, it went down.

Bush is an idiot.
    Even though he together with his buddies are making a lot of money. But China making money is smart. Hmm, you're very consistent, aren't you?

China makes more than money by keeping helping to keep America tied down and distracted with the middle east problems...

#25     Aug 20, 2006
  6. Pabst

Pabst

It's known to everyone that the United States can level Tehran and Damascus in hours. Because of such military superiority we can afford to do the right thing by being extra judicious. I for one don't have a moral problem with the concept of people succeeding from secular states and forming independent religious states. To each his own. Conservatives preach smaller, independent states. Long live Kurdistan!

As an isolationist I see no threat to an Islamic revolt in the good ol' U.S.A. So basically it's only Internationalists (neo-cons, labor unions, banks ect.) and the Religious Right who see the defense of the Jews and Israel as a noble crusade. Now both those groups are probably right. Just by virtue of being bloodthirsty Muslims, the Muslims will always be the more wrong in a dispute where everybody is wrong. But as an American should I be willing to court war because of Israel? Even if they're right. I say no. I believe in every man for himself and that goes for nations. Why should some kid from Kansas die just because Baghdad, Beirut and Tel Aviv are caught up in a bad act in fate's passion play.

Not to be a prick but as an American citizen paying American taxes and living half a world away, I just don't give a fuck. If someone comes a knocking near our shore we can blast 'em. Until then why should one dollar of our taxes let alone one dead boy be dedicated to a Non-American dispute?

I want the conservatives to think this through. If the people of Alabama decided they wanted to form an independent Baptist state, how many of us would be secretly rooting for the Tide? All of us. In our world it would be the good Christians against the secular, morally bankrupt liberals. So I give Islamic states the benefit of the doubt. They're into a whacked religion. But whatever. Their choice. Fuck with us you die. Don't fuck with us and enjoy the ride.

#26     Aug 20, 2006
  7. Bush is an idiot, it has nothing to do with money.
    lol, you just claimed that China is not idiotic in their support for Hezbollah because they are making money, now it all has nothing to do with money.

It barely went up, just a couple of dollars, don't be ridiculous, it was a minor market fluctuation, it was not the kind of move that israel haters predicted the war would cause.

#27     Aug 20, 2006
  8. Bush is an idiot, it has nothing to do with money.
    lol, you just claimed that China is not idiotic in their support for Hezbollah because they are making money, now it all has nothing to do with money.

China is making money for China, and they are gaining political benefit by America and the west weakening politically, going into debt to finance wars. Bush is not making money for America, he is spending taxpayer money, and private contractors are the ones making the money, the ones that helped to finance his political campaigns.

Doh!

Bush is an idiot.

It barely went up, just a couple of dollars, don't be ridiculous, it was a minor market fluctuation, it was not the kind of move that israel haters predicted the war would cause.

Yes, contrary to what you said previously, oil, in fact went up. Since the cease fire, it has gone down. Now if the fighting resumes, it will go back up.

Doh!

#28     Aug 20, 2006
  9. Oh come on. you're obsessed with technicalities today, oil did not go up in any meaningful way as it's expected to go up during supply/stability disrupting events like wars. It had been going up for a few years, it did not go up in July and August any more than it went up in March or April, it was actually going up since the middle of June and it did not even accelerate when the war started, it barely broke the previous April 2006 all time high and came right back in the early days of the war, oil was flat most of July.
    http://www.tfc-charts.w2d.com/chart/CO/96

#29     Aug 20, 2006
  10. Let's divide this up for a moment in fairness to all.

A few principles of clarity:

All sides start with people.

People have beliefs.

People have religions.

People have families to protect AND supply for.

People invariably feel they should and must defend themselves, their families, their religious beliefs, their brethren and their nations.

As seen in President Bush's agenda, people WILL retaliate for acts of war and wrongdoing against them.

Now, let's line up Americans, Jews and Arabs side by side.

Do they not ALL have these same rights?

Will they not ALL conduct themselves in manners befitting to accomplish their own agendas to secure all of the above principles unto themselves?

Do they ALL have the right to?

Yes.

Only "idiots" would disagree.

I think what Sulong, Drawdown and Zzzz are pointing out is, selective oppression in the name of might engendered and empowered by capitalism, disregarding all other principles, is wrong. Dead wrong.

Iconoclast

#30     Aug 20, 2006