Hey wingers! How do you trash Edwards for his legal career and support Thompson?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Do you believe licensed dealers don't sell guns to non licensed dealers?

What a goof...

#11     Aug 20, 2007
  2. The initial thread topic was actually interesting as many conservatives have lingering doubts about thompson. This detour into gun control fantasy land is ridiculous.

Democrats are indeed supported by some big city police chiefs on gun bans. I note that most of those chiefs are appointed by liberal democrat mayors or city councils, so they would be expected to toe the liberal line. These same police are allowed to carry their weapons 24/7. If they had to abide by the rules they want the rest of us to follow, I suspect they would have a different position.

Washington, Dc is a good example. It has one of the toughest gun bans in the country, so tough in fact the US court of Appeals ruled it unconstitutional. The DC law makes it a felony to even own a handgun, even if it never leaves your bedside table. The police for years however have followed a policy of not charging people who used personal firearms to defend their homes against criminals, even though those homeowners or aprtment dwellers were likely committing a more serious crime than the criminals. The police recognize that the gun ban is a failure, and that citizens have to be able to defend themselves.

I also relish the irony of liberal democrats wrapping themselves in the support of the police. Too bad they don't accept the police's suggestions on other criminal justice issues, like search and seizure, Miranda warnings, parole, juvenile justice,etc. The rank and file police officers know who supports them, and it certainly is not liberals.

#12     Aug 20, 2007
  3. One additional point. Conservatives and the NRA have long demanded lengthy prison sentences for actual criminals who used firearms. This is one criminal justice program that has paid big dividends when applied.

By contrast, liberals can come up with endless reasons to give lenient sentences to violent criminals. Instead, they want to make criminals out of law-abiding gun owners. All the spinning in the world won't change that basic fact.

#13     Aug 20, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I think ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz ad infinitim ad nauseaum is practicing up to be a junior Jesuit, able to take any side of any irrational argument and persist until people give up. Quit feeding the troll, everybody has him on ignore already...

#14     Aug 20, 2007
  5. LMAO!!!

When you want to make an argument, at least make sure it supports your position. This is the perfect example of how and why background checks don't work!! All the gangbangerz need to do is send in one of their ho's to buy, and then they get them from her......

Of course the lunatic left's position is to confiscate all guns, but the hood rats aren't gonna give up their gats.

Too funny how these lefties think... delusional they are....

#15     Aug 20, 2007
  6. Non responsive foaming at the mouth by a one of the right wing extremists.

#16     Aug 20, 2007
  7. Not sure this is a cut and dry liberal vs conservative thing. Common sense dictates harsh sentences for violent crimes and shorter sentences for possession of marijuana, for example. But are they not disproportionate? Some may argue, but I think they might be.

Is not this administration trying to make legal the illegal immigrants? Pretty simple way of reducing crime, just legalize the immigrants crime of being illegal? Hardly seems conservative to me. Might make more sense to legalize the pot, let these non-violent offenders back into their homes and jobs. I'm not really an advocate of either of these solutions, but you get my drift.

c

#17     Aug 20, 2007
  8. Hmmmm, looks like Z is embarassed that I used his own argument against him to show just how dumb his position is.

And so now he resorts to ad hom.

Imagine that......

#18     Aug 20, 2007
  9. "LMAO!!!

When you want to make an argument, at least make sure it supports your position. This is the perfect example of how and why background checks don't work!! All the gangbangerz need to do is send in one of their ho's to buy, and then they get them from her......

Of course the lunatic left's position is to confiscate all guns, but the hood rats aren't gonna give up their gats.

Too funny how these lefties think... delusional they are...."

You threw the stones, then pout and whimper like a little girl...

Your "argument" is exactly why the sales of automatic weapons need to be banned, as you explain that anyone can buy them, even with background checks...

Again, it appears that you are making your case from a foundation of brain damage, but of course, that is the standard and practice of the wingers...

#19     Aug 20, 2007
  10. Do you perceive a sudden risk from assault weapons?

Armed bandito's mowin' 'em down in Del Mar?

Stay away from the Mickey D's in Chula Vista.

In Miami there's a high profile shooting almost daily (certainly a murder a day in SoFla). I haven't heard of someone being clipped by an AK-47 since Sonny Crocket was was wearing pastel linen jackets....:cool:

#20     Aug 20, 2007