Hey Trump Stop Whining

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Apr 13, 2016.

1. wildchild

wildchild

Is this guy getting annoying or what? I have just about heard enough of his whining about fairness and the system being rigged. I feel like I am watching Bernie Sanders. It's ridiculous.

2. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps the party system is rigged. Fine, I have no problem with that, as long as they aren't misleading people. But it seems they are misleading people into thinking that by voting in the primary they will be choosing the party's candidate, when in fact they only seem to be choosing the candidate when the party operatives are OK with the outcome of the voting..

Do you find irony in the Trump of "Trump University" complaining about the party system being unfair and rigged? I do; yet at the same time I believe Trump must be correct about the system being rigged, for who knows more about fraud and deception than himself?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Another true Libertarian view!

4. It's an interesting situation. The insiders who run the parties will tell you the candidates are running to be the party's nominee, so it is only fair that the parties set the rules. However, they want to pretend that their voters choose.

The democrats are a bit more honest, perhaps because they are only too aware that their voters are largely morons who, given half a chance, will nominate a George McGovern or Bernie Sanders. So after the McGovern debacle, they instituted the superdelegate system, where party hacks basically can overrule the primary voters, as they are doing to screw Sanders.

The republicans, as one would expect, are more underhanded and try to do their dirty work out of sight. Their voters have historically done what they were told and annointed the establishment candidate. Trump has posed an unprecedented threat however, and they are vacillating between absolute panic, anger and hopeless resignation.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. ha ha, If you don't like the republicans don't vote for one. There is no God given or constitutional right that a political party be fair or even sane. When voting, just observe how both parties handle things and vote for the one you think is the most fair if that is what is so important to you.

piezoe likes this.
  6. I think a lot of people will be making that calculation if they manage to screw Trump out of it. The republicans will be counting on their unofficial party motto, "we may be loathsome but we're not as bad as the alternative", to carry the day for them.

7. piezoe

piezoe

It would appear that a majority of U.S. voters are disenchanted with party politics. Soon we will see an independent candidate run a campaign on the internet and win. The internet is causing the parties to lose their strangle hold on the elections. Not this year though, because Sanders has already said he'd support the democrat nominee.

New York has a closed Democratic primary, so it is highly unlikely Sanders can keep his candidacy alive after New York. He is wildly popular among New York independents, but that won't help him in the primary. It is closed primaries that have produced Hillary's greater vote total that she enjoys bragging about.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  8. There is such a gaping chasm between the republican party establishment and its voters, it's hard to see how it survives in its current form.

I would think a new party comprised of the Tea Party and the Trump populism/nationalism themes would be the logical outcome. Such a party would draw voters from both parties. I could see it attracting working class whites who feel neither party recognizes them now.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  9. we are getting close, would not be surprised to see it in 2020. The media has already been reduced to reporting on tweets. Some guy with a go daddy site could run on a dime.

10. Here is Paul Ryan with his passive-aggressive attempt to undermine Trump. Just back from sucking up to our overlords the Saudis, Ryan expressed his fear that Trump was upsetting them. And the euros, who can't understand why we don't want to continue to pay the bill for their defense. After all, they kind of have their hands full with all the muslim terrorists they are welcoming into their countries.

At least Ryan was able to assure them that he and his master Obama will take as many muslims here as possible. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-14-12-13-57

#10     Apr 14, 2016