Hey Trader Zones!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Smart Money, Nov 9, 2009.

1. I said this in another thread: "That being said, i think I've found something (T.A.) that works and backtests well last week."

And you said this: "T.A. pretty much does not work and backtests have little value, especially "last week." You will understand this a few weeks to months from now. Most newbies chase after T.A., reinvent themselves 2, 3, 4, 50 times and then give up after blowing out..."

I think I can convince you that T.A works. You give me a ticker symbol, and I'll give you an honest guess on what will happen to it. Of course, this will be barring surprise news and whatnot. My time horizon will typically be one to three days, or I may give you general direction, etc. But it will be fairly useful information that a person could use to make money off...or so I'll believe when I take my best guess. You can give me one a day for a while and the results will speak for themselves.

SM

2. ammo

ammo

if u look at a chart of pru,you will see a tl break,this weekend they layed out and passed (which will b tweaked )a healthcare bill which should be bad 4 the drug and insurance companies,the chart shows a break and the next supp is <35,now u have a ta setup with news to confirm,this is the age old argument ,listen to the fundamentals and find a chart to confirm it,they both work,they work much better in synch

3. pls dont feed trolls

4. What's trollish about it? I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say that T.A. doesn't work. People assumed that if they can't do it, it can't be done. I'm giving one an opportunity to prove their point.

SM

5. AyeYo

AyeYo

TraderZones is the troll. Don't cater to him. Everyone that uses TA knows it works.

6. OK thanks. I was kind of looking forward to a chance to demonstrate my amazing prognostication skills. :)

SM

7. the1

the1

I agree with what TraderZones says. TA, FA, EA (economic), SA (statistical)....you can lump them all into the same barrell. What makes a profitable trader is the trader, not the method.

Read "Trading in the Zone," by Mark Douglas and you'll find the answers to many of your questions. There is no substitute for "just knowing."

8. romik

romik

Traderzones is the most ignorant & arrogant poster on ET.

There are only 3 types of analysis

Price performance or technical
    Fundamental
    Insider information

Traderzones must be using a magic wand.

Technical analysis works with proper implementation of money management.

9. Interesting that almost month later he hasn't taken the bait. Oh Well.

10. Its not that he uses a magic wand so much as he just doesn't trade at all :)

#10     Dec 4, 2009