Hey stupid, what belief system do you use?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rowenwood, May 4, 2004.

1. Ditto for me, Roeeenwude.

( : B

to

#11     May 5, 2004
  2. That's subjective because if you live in the north pole or south pole, the sun isn't going to do that.

It isn't so much the rising and falling of the sun as it is the turning and spinning of the earth.

#12     May 5, 2004
  3. It is not subjective. From where I stand every day, the sun rises on the eastern horizon and sets on the western horizon. That does NOT discount the earth spinning on its axix. If you want to start a metaphysics and episitimology discussion, let me know.

#13     May 5, 2004
  4. The above statement is a perceptive observation. I'd enjoy explaining some of my logic to you to see if you either agree, or understand, or crack, but it's nearly time for my sleep. I'd rather learn something new.

Let us begin tonight and continue tomorrow morning? Firstly I'll state my background and then you'll happily do likewise.

A list of my favorite philosophers, all of which I've begun to study.

Foucault
    Nietzsche
    Derrida
    Deleuze
    Wittgenstein
    Baudrillard
    Camus
    Barthes

Keegan
    Kafka
    Cervantes
    Warhol

I seem to know enough to judge logic from illogic. If you've questions I can probably answer them.

#14     May 5, 2004
  5. Sure, but that's by definition, so it obviously cannot be subjective. In fact, it's almost tautology.

#15     May 5, 2004
  6. Thank you for using the word tautology, I've been trying to remember that word for about two months beacuse I write tautological poetry.

#16     May 5, 2004
  7. A discussion/debate about logic without Aristotle or Plato...???

But before you go on with this big debate, I should warn you that Communication was my major in college and I live to be able to actually use the information that won't seem to leave my head...

#17     May 5, 2004
  8. Do you believe in god?

#18     May 5, 2004
  9. electron - precisely!

Subjective judgements involve much higher level abstractions - such as art or esthetics.

As for preception, well, it IS what you have at your disposal. And whether you wish to something to be something it is not, it does not change the fact that A is A. And A exist whether you are there to observe it or not. Entities exist outside of their observer, regardless of whatever mental gymnastics that observer man perform in order to convince himself otherwise.

#19     May 5, 2004

10. There are many things beyond thought. Because one cannot comrehend everything one cannot determine yes from no.

#20     May 5, 2004