Hey Scalpers, how do you enjoy trading against machines w/1 millisecond turnaround?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, May 31, 2007.

1. fubar

fubar

Juvenile threads do not stimulate real discussion, don't hide behind that old one, have the guts to admit you wanted to rile, at least then we wont have to add coward to your resume

#51     Jun 1, 2007
  2. So you can't admit you are wrong. No wonder you can't trade
    intraday. Too bad for you. Maybe this business is not for you?

I have been trading way longer than you btw. Oh, and humor
    doesn't have anything to do with trading.

Good luck with your investing. You should go join an investor site....:p

#52     Jun 1, 2007
  3. It's not just the computer scalpers that ruin everyone's fun,doesn't everybody just love the scalper/spoofer - go bid for thousands,flip,go offered in thousands - a real asset to the trading community!

#53     Jun 1, 2007
  4. I'll be glad to admit I'm wrong.

Not sure about what, but if it makes you feel better, I'll do it.

I'd also be careful about bragging on longevity.

A bit like saying Ive been selling these hot dogs on this corner for 20 years.

If you were real good at it you'd own a Nathans by now.

#54     Jun 1, 2007
  5. Good. You admitted your thread was meant to antagonize.

Why start such a useless thread? Superiority or inferiority complex?

#55     Jun 1, 2007
  6. rzepe93

rzepe93

The above definitely sums up what profitable traders already know. All that computers are doing is the same thing humans are doing. Providing liquidity. Yes there may be extremely fast computers but if they are buying the bid that doesn't mean they are selling the offer so they can still lose. All that stock777 is doing is regurgitating what some unsuccessful trader told him after he lost all his money. Every computer program is built differently so there can there be an unfair advantage. Even the flipper program has been scrutinized as unfair. But if you recognize when it's happening and you keep trading the who's fault it that? There will always be a way to make money in the markets if you can find it in yourself first to figure out how you function during different types of trades. It takes a lot of patience to trade low volatility markets and losses aren't that easy to get back when there's only one or two moves a day, but that's not to say it can't happen.

#56     Jun 1, 2007
  7. Hopefully your trading skills are superior to your reading skills

#57     Jun 1, 2007
  8. Whats really interesting is that 90% of traders do lose $, but 99% of posters claim to be superstars.

Must be that the losers are too busy trying to get their money back.

Which proves , if nothing else , that I have lots of free time.

#58     Jun 1, 2007
  9. rzepe93

rzepe93

That's amazing! Go figure.

#59     Jun 1, 2007
  10. With this response I assume it is a superiority complex.

#60     Jun 1, 2007