Hey Mcdonalds boosting prices on their menu!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Been to Shake Shack? Wendy's really has MCD beat save for the fries, but I haven't been to either in many months. 5 Guys in/near Manhattan: http://gofiveguys.com/Order/Default.aspx?StreetAddress=10001

#21     Jan 24, 2011
  2. So because they will raise prices on SOME items probably just over 2.5%, that means "food prices continue to soar"????

Give me a break. McD's prices per person go up because 10-20 years ago no one there was buying high-end coffees, low cal salads, fancy chicken sandwiches, etc.

It amazes me when I think that when I was growing up about 25 years ago I think a large pizza was about $10 - it still is at Pizza Hut - yes maybe it's a touch smaller these days, or something, but I think Corporations for all the grief they get have done a pretty good job keeping consumer costs under control - remember how the media tried to scare everyone under Bush that at $3/gas, food would be $100/meal lol.

If you can't afford McD's, go to Del Taco and get 39 cent (oh, maybe 49 cent now!) tacos - I don't think tacos were even that cheap 20+ years ago.

JJacksET4

#22     Jan 24, 2011
  3. Lucky I don't get stoned... All this fast food talk might have me on a mission to an endless night of Burger binging waking up 20 lbs heavier :D

#23     Jan 24, 2011
  4. I've always used the price of street food, smokes and beer as a gauge of the value of a currency.

Seems The dollar has got issues... Everytime you make $1 the govt takes 30% and everytime you spend $1 they take 10%. Then they have special taxes on taxes.. So a pack of cigarettes that cost < $2 converted in Mexico, Asia etc. Here in the US they tack on an additional 400% tax.

Dispensed Soda in fast food places has an additional tax, bottled water has an additional special tax.

They've already got at least 40% of your dough and are squeezing more at every turn. Property tax increases... Special assessments.

Everywhere else in the world cash is still king with the street food vendors.
    Here in the US its plastic... >80% of the time.. Cash is being used less and less for transactions.

#24     Jan 24, 2011
  5. wrong! everything in moderation along with an exercise regime and everything is fine. :cool:

#25     Jan 24, 2011
  6. Bob111

Bob111

+1

#26     Jan 24, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

McDonald’s Eat-In Tax

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/mcdonalds-eat-in-tax/

#27     Jan 24, 2011
  8. + infinity

#28     Jan 25, 2011
  9. Learn the jargon. Food and energy excluded in CORE CPI, included in CPI.

#29     Jan 25, 2011
  10. #30     Jan 25, 2011